Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Freestyle may be boring on TV, but when they jump over your head, it's just a little better :p

First of all, and yeah, it's been said before; but Kenny Batram is one very cool individual. One of the nicest, hospitable, down to earth good guys your likley to meet. Always takes time to hang out at DirtWeek, gives us a show and spends time with the kids. No full-body tats, no nose rings and no language. The saving grace of the "freestyle thing" IMHO.

Seems Lou and Kenny are buds now, he came to the pits looking for Lou and said he could bring a couple frinds over to his pit... I was put on limited photo access as there were some new tricks being practiced, we were sworn to secrecy, no pics and no mention on the site of this particular trick .. I think it's safe to say "INSANE".

Kenny at the Ramp, #1

Attachments

• kenny_ramp1.jpg
    kenny_ramp1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 305

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just after Kenny was dog'n Lou to jump into the pit (secret location, near Cooperland), Thump started on him too. Of course, Thump wasn't in gear so "dude, I'd do it if I had gear and a bike". Moments later, history was made as BigLou did in fact, jump into the pit.

Attachments

• lou_pit2.jpg
    lou_pit2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 297

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Awesome stuff! Sorry I missed the pit. :yikes:

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The pit was awesome, watching Kenny and his friends show us how it is done, then watching Lou do his version, then hanging onto the handlebars to get out was:rotfl: :rotfl:

Good stuff there!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Hey MotoMetal, stop trying to give my credit away! That was the day that my KX exploded, so I was borowing Brian's bike.

Great shots Okie!

And I too think that Kenny is one of the most down to earth guys around. Super cool of him to let a few goons from out of town just jump right into his pit. Thanks Kenny! YZ165

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow that looks awesome! I'd probably never jump in, but I would've loved to witness it!

Does Kenny actually make it back onto the bike after that "top secret" trick?! That's wild! :yikes:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Right after just about launching BigLou into orbit trying to lift him out of the pit....
All you heard was a sucking sound, then a big POP, there goes Lou about 20 feet up, lol.
Yeah, he fell back in. 20 minutes later, Lou was out, with a big ol smile and a great memory.

Attachments

• kenny_lou.jpg
    kenny_lou.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 214

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The way that Kenny got Lou to sign the release was priceless. Not sure who was laughing harder, us goons or Kenny.

You are the man Lou, a jump I'll never forget :worship:

Top Bottom