Joe_148

Mar 13, 2004
Hey guys, I have a few questions about a 2005 CR125. Firstly, the tube has started to spin. The valve stem comes out crooked and Im pretty sure its about to pinch flat because its getting pretty sideways. Whats the easiest way to straighten the tube out with the tire on the rim? On my 50 I just let all the air out and put the bike in gear, then grab the tire and spin it and the valve straightens up..if I removed the rim lock on the CR would this method work? Also, would adding a nut and washer on the actual valve stem keep it from spinning on the rim better than just the rim lock alone?

Also, the bike seems hard to push, and you can hear the brake pads dragging a bit on the rotor (rear wheel). I know you can usually hear a bit of drag, but it just seems like it should be more free.. Sometimes if I havent cleaned the rotor in awhile with brake cleaner you can hear a squeek squeek when pushing it. When you spin the wheel the caliper doesnt seem to move side to side at all so I dont think the rotors warped..? They are new pads BTW.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
A nut and washer on the stem would probably increased the likelihood of a torn stem. Tirespin+tubespin-stem movement=flat. If you are using a rimlock and the tube is moving, the lock is probably not tight enough. It is supposed to stopr the tire from moving on the rim.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
Just let all of the air out and inflate it to about 60 psi, repeat until your valve stem returns. You do not loosen the rim lock. The tube is the only thing moving when you do this. Don't put a nut tight on the stem. It will rip it right out of the tube.

On your brake problem, you should blead them. You probably have some air in the system.

Top Bottom