A little seat time

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Friday was 70 degrees and sunny and I decided to knock the dust off of the YZ. My neighbor was home and we took a short ride 3 miles to my buddy's place and did a loop. About a 45 min ride and it felt really good.
So, today, I burned another gallon or so of fuel, got some mud on the fenders and had a good ride. Temps were only around 50 today but that was good enough. Since I haven't riden in a while, I took it fairly easy and worked on fundementals. A number of more rides like this and maybe I can ride with the Spodes again.

Lorin

Lifetime Sponsor
I rode the 500 Sunday and had a pretty good ride. Some new trails cut in that I really liked.

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
craig_enid said:
Off Monday, forecast 60 degrees....?
I have to work this Saturday, so Monday is a possible, call me sometime.

DWreck

Subscriber

Lorin

Lifetime Sponsor
Thank you. I had not ridden the 500 in many months, and the new sections were a VERY welcome addition. Somewhat technical, off camber, and even tight at times. It really mad me take a second look at the area and re-evaluate my thoughts. Well done.

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
Monday is a legal holiday, wouldn't want to upset anyone by working.

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
I'll break out the net-jersey then! Got my kitchen pass.

Mary exercised the right of first refusal.... she's claimed Monday as her's.
I'm now planning on a Sunday ride. (and that ain't bad!) 8 o'clock mass to PTL, then on to the 500 to PTL some more!

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
I am ok with Sunday, how about, Loring?

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
Off to the 500 for some quality seat time! Yeah Baby!

BSWIFT

N. Texas SP
Sunday, I met up with some of the HS crew for a ride at the 500. I informed them before we left the pit area that I would be riding a solid "lapper" pace. What I didn't know was how much of the 500 had been damaged from a tornado last year. It was amazing how much damage was done but the Stillwater Trail Riders did a great job clearing or cutting new trail.
After a half lap, I was winded so I let them go on and headed to the truck for some additional refreshement. After a hearty belch, I was ready (now I know why babies cry when they need to burp). Not having riding the 500 in two years I was in for a pounding. Thanks to Craig for not leaving me to ride alone. Gotta get more seat time.
As sore as I am, it is not to bad but OMG the monkey butt! Glad I decided to take the holiday off. It's going to be in the 70's today so I guess I should go ride.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
i went and rode the track at okmulgee. it was the first time i had been to a track since i tore my acl, august, '08 and the third time i had ridden at all. it was tough, i did not ride well. my legs/knees just don't work anymore.