A question I am embrassed to ask regarding removal of seat

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
I am wanting to check my Valve Clearances tomorrow on my 91 XR250R so I thought I would go ahead and take the seat and fuel tank off tonight so I could get down to work quicker tomorrow, Well I can't get my darn seat off, I have never took it off before and I can't get it off, Can someone tell me how, I don't know how its strapped on(if I did then I could take it off)I looked in my manual but it doesn't say, Everytime I lift up on the front of the seat it pulls the fuel tank up some, I thought I might have to remove the tank first but my manual says to remove the seat and then the tank, Any help is appreciated, Matt

B

biglou

Pull rearward on the seat. :D I'm assuming you took the two side bolts out? I am just guessing here that the seat attaches the same as most others: One bolt on each side of the seat at the rear, right near the side number plates, then, lift it up about an inch or two in the rear, and pull back on it. Should come right off.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Thanks for the info Biglou, About the side bolts well my Side Panels don't have them, My left side panel you just turn a little screw thing,it pops and you take the panel off, I didn't see any bolts on the right panel either, But something is holding that seat on because if I pull on the back of the seat it lifts the back of the bike up some, I can get down and push the seat up enough to see whats hooking it, I'm really starting to get angry, I don't know what else to do, Don't know why my manual doesn't tell how. Thanks anyways Biglou, Matt

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Yeah you are right, Biglou I now see those 2 bolts you are talking about, I saw them before I typed my first reply but I didn't look close enough and I thought it was bolting the Mud Guard down, Thanks for the help Biglou and RMjeff, Matt

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom