kxjet

Jul 31, 2004
I was just curious. I know it depends on riding conditions, and riding style. What is the avarage distance a tank of gas will take you?

Aflica

May 23, 2004
i got a modified 03 220 , and i get about a 100k in tight woods with open fire and logging roads combo , or should i say 60 miles or so for those south of the border

kxjet

Jul 31, 2004
I just picked up a brand new 2004 KDX200, I probably wont get the chance to ride it for a few weeks and i was curious about mileage. Also when I was at the dealer I asked them about the break in proceedure and was told to ride it for three tanks worth and if I feel like it I could tear apart the top end. This totally goes against what the JustKDX site says. And also does a brand new bike come with an owners manuel, or is that somthing I'll have to order. Any comments would be appreciated. GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE IT :eek:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Just messin around on backroads I have gotten about 100 kilometers on mine, but I was definitely running on fumes by the time I got home. I was starting to wonder whether I would make it or not...haha

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
I picked up a service manual fo rmine from manualsonline, I believe. Worth its weight in gold! Three tanks seems like a bit early for a top end. It could take that long just to get it jetted to suit your riding. Good luck and enjoy!

kxjet

Jul 31, 2004
Thanks for the input I finally started it up today and began the break in, as JustKDX recommends. I just went out into some local desert in between some housing developments. 15 minutes at a time and would return to let it cool down. The bike runs great. Is it just me or does the back break feel like doesn't even work. I'm used to riding in woods trails with good tacky or slick earth. Riding in the desert is way different. I was planning on finishing the break in tommorow and changing the oil, coolant, and greasing every pivot point on the bike. Does any one have any good recomendations on fluids, grease, chainlube, etc....etc....

Top Bottom