A Warning to all the "Young Guns" out there!

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I was at a Dist. 6 H.S. (Rauch Creek) yesterday. My sons race on TTR 125's and I usually run in the 200 class, but I am off healing from 2 fractures in my spine. :(
We were pitted next to a group of young kids, late teens/early 20 types.
One young lad was recovering from a broken wrist, I take it was broken on a trail ride. His so called, "friends " were busting him because of he wasn't riding.
It made me think when I was that age.
I'm 44, I have trouble bending, (my knees are terrible, 8 surgeries, a couple of screws/plates. My left ankle cracks when I walk, I gave up doing push up cuz of the pain in my left wrist.
Moral of my sad tale of becomming a Emergency Room regular??
No one loves to ride/race more than myself. I live to race and race to live.
If your hurt and make a million a season, well tape it and go man go, but beware it will come back to haunt you later!
I never let it mine heal long enough. Though I was different, no pain, no gain type!
If my sons ever get hurt, (God forbid!), I swear they'll be 100% before they ever get on a bike again.
You gotta let yourself heal!!
Just thought I would drop this line, if I can get one young lad to listen, I've done my part!
Joe
2001 KDX 200
2000 ATK 125
2 TTR 125's Boy "A's and "B"'s

If I was as fast as I say I was I'd be in orbit!

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hi Joe28kdx,

I was up at Rauch Creek yesterday to check out the place. Pretty nice. I recently bought a KDX250 to trail ride and hope to get up there to ride somwday. Where are you located in PA? I'm in Palmyra. Do you know the trails up there? If so. I'd be interested in exploring with you sometime...

Later...

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I live in the happy hamlet of Olyphant! It's just north of Scranton. We have a couple of places we ride on here. It's a little culm, woods, dirt road trails, but it'll keep you honest!
If you ever get up this way, Email me and we shred some culm!
Joe
Joe57prep@yahoo.com

Top Bottom