About this CR Brake Routing Stuff...

Drewa51

May 1, 2001
I just managed to destroy my front brake line on the '89 YZ250. I was going to get a Honda line, but was concerned about the fittings. Are the fittings for brake lines a 'standard' for all bikes (as in only the line length differs)? I'm basically just talking about the hole diamater on the ends (don't even know what it's called). If not, I'm thinking I'll just go with the stock line for my bike.

Drew

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Your bike was made before Honda grabbed the patent for brake line routing. So yours should be routed in the most direct manner and not pass under the fork, right? In essence, you have the CR-style brake line that the rest of us want. You don't need any clamps from DSP or RideEngineering.

As far as getting a replacement line, I'd call MX-South and see what they can find for you.

Drewa51

May 1, 2001
Nope, mine currently runs under the fork. Mx-South has a Fastline that'll fit my bike, but I was thinking I might as well route it CR style...since I have the opportunity.
Yeah, it's an old bike, but still runs great...and I actually prefer it over my friends '93 YZ...

Thanks guys, I'll probably just end up getting the Fastline from MX-South...that's a sure thing.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'm surprised. My 1990 KX250 still had the direct routing.

In that case, you can do the CR-style mod, either with the DSP or RideEngineering setup. Since you've got to put a new line on anyway, you can consider it. My main motivation: I'm still po'ed at Honda for getting this patent, so I re-route the brake line. Besides, I do think it makes bleeding the brakes much easier.

Top Bottom