RyRec

Apr 16, 2006
Hey, I just bought an Acerbis front auxiliary gas tank for my YZ 85 and securely mounted it as shown, however it does not have instructions on how to use that gas tank. Do I use the hoses and connect it straight to my carb. when I run out of gas in the original tank? Do I suck it out and pour it into the original tank? Any suggestions...what works best? Thanks!

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
One hose attaches to the main gas tank caps vent hose spigot and the other is now the fuel system vent.

Gas will be sucked from the auxillary tank into the main as you ride through the gas cap.

Make sure the longest fuel line on the auxillary tank goes all the way to the bottom so that all the fuel will be used.

Also make sure your gas cap has no obstructions as fuel is now flowing into the fuel cap instead of air.

You may need to enlarge/open up the vent hole rubber gasket if you are not getting enough fuel flow into the tank.

Allow enough hose slack so when you turn the handlebars the hose is not pulled off the main fuel tank gas cap.

I was using a one way valve on the new vent hose (auxillary tank) and it proved to be too much of a restriction. The bike was running out of fuel so I removed it.

RyRec

Apr 16, 2006
Okay..also, where is the vent hole rubber gasket...the one on the bottom of the gas cap? Thanks for your help.

ziptiedEXC

Apr 5, 2006
You might not have to modify your vent hole gasket. Ten years ago I used one on a 95' CR 250 so I would not have to pit in the two hour harescrambles. I just conected it to the top of the gas cap. It should suck the auxiliary tank dry, then you should have a full tank after that.

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
RyRec said:
Okay..also, where is the vent hole rubber gasket...the one on the bottom of the gas cap? Thanks for your help.

Correct. As ZT said it may not require modification. Should you find the carb running out of fuel this is a place where you may want to examine first. Enlarging the small almost pin size hole is easily done.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom