Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I bought an Acerbis Profile jersey back in January, and a pair of Acerbis Impact gloves in May.

The Profile jersey is still going strong, with no signs of tearing, and is not stained. I'm impressed with the quality of it, especially for not being a top-line item. It's the nicest jersey I've owned, and not too obnoxious that you can still wear it out in public with a pair of jeans. (Well, i got the black/grey one)

The gloves, on the other hand, were a big disappointment.
They look great, and they are probably the best fitting pair of gloves I've ever worn.. It's a shame they didn't even last for two rides. My middle finger poked through the end of one of the gloves, while doing some trail riding. No crashes or anything, I didn't burn it on the pipe, it just came apart.
My buddy bought the same pair at the same time, and tore his on the same ride.. Mind you he did hit a tree and went down, causing some finger damage at the same time.
I'm back to using my year old Fox Solo gloves, which have held up great. What was I thinking? :cool:

Jersey - 10/10 (especially at that price!)
Gloves - 4/10
If you can afford a new pair of gloves every ride or two, then you'll love them. :)

My almost 6 year old Sinisalo jersey and pants are still intact.. I didn't say they're pretty, but they still work (and somehow they still fit!).. I've got two new pairs of SCD pants, two jerseys, and a pair of SCD gloves on order. I give my current pair a 15/10, as any riding gear lasting more than a year or two is unheard of.. Especially six years! Why can't my underwear last that long? :aj:

Last edited:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I also got a full set of Acerbis gear lately. Nice Jersey, The Impact 02 MX Pants have a better snap/buckle deal than my old MSR's (That when washed look almost new after two years and many crashes...they are awesome), and I love those Sphere boots for trail riding. Softer and more comfortable than my AXO's. I ride the AXO's at the MX tracks and the Acrebis everywhere else. My Impact '02 gloves lasted better than yours so far. I have two months of riding/trail cutting on them. We combine riding with trail maintainance a lot here. The Jersey and boots are something I can recommend. THe boots are just easier to live with for Enduro/Casual Trail Rding type riding than typical MX boots. Its not unusual for me to have them on all day as I switch from one of the tractors to riding the motorcycles and back.

Last edited:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I won a pair at a race, I sold 'em.. They were very high quality and comfortable feeling, but I'd never spend that much on gloves and I figured I could sell 'em cheap to put the money towards more needed stuff.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I like the acerbis gear, I had a pair of their pants that I bought on clearance and they still look new. Good stuff :)

Top Bottom