Advice on building a track.....help please

WoodsWarrior

Nov 11, 2001
My wife and I own a 150 acre farm in North Georgia. We have been approached by many people in the area about building a new track or even a whole race park.
We have spent a couple of years at the races with our kids, but know nothing about building or running a track. Our land is ideal, and we do not use it for farming so......we're considering it.
How much is involved in getting something like this started? Money? Liability Insurance? EPA? and so on....any comments or help would be appreciated.
If we did this, I would only want a first rate facility with MX/SX , Pee Wee, and hare scrambles tracks. Good concessions, bathrooms, camp areas and so on. There is also a nice three bedroom house on the property that we would want a track manager to live in (free of course) We already have heavy equipment, and there are three lakes on the property for water sources. Any ideas.....????

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
in the end, probably a couple million, but look into havng financial help with sponsors, and the local riders. also you would have to get the land zoned, so pray that you have alot of riders on your side, sorry thats all i got

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
if you do build one, i hope you dont make it so advanced that its not fun to pleasure ride on, like the one here is. We have some land here that i'd like to build a 70's style track on. And get you a web site for the track so we can find it some day and know all the details about when we can ride on it....

good luck,, and congrats on promoting the sport....

Top Bottom