Advice on FWW

ropethebike

Oct 24, 2006
I am a re-entering rider, so beginner at best, pretty good shape and weigh 205 lbs.. Last year I bought an 05 YZ 250 and I didn't get to ride it very much for awhile. Recently I used my bobcat to build a small track to ride on at my house and have been riding more.

From some posts on this forum, and others, it seems as though a fly wheel weight might help me control the power a little better and downplay some of the hit.

I mostly ride on the track I built with the sole purpose of getting a little exercise and relieving a little stress from the office.

Can you guys suggest some brands/weights/supplier to help assist me in purchasing a fly wheel weight?

Thanks in advance for all who post.
rtb

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
How about running steel clutch plates instead of a flywheel weight? The cost is about the same and would significantly improve the durability of the bike. I don't know. I had a Steahly flywheel weight on my bike. It broke apart a while ago and I haven't noticed to significant of a difference in the way the bike rides.

holmyj

Mar 28, 2005
I tried steel plates and a 13oz weight and didn't notice much dif. But my butt isn't as calabrated as most.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…