XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
I am just wanting to compare my 1991 Honda XR250R to a Stock one(1991-2002). I have a Supertrapp Exhaust,K&N Airfilter,Dome Shaped Piston(Otherwise called a Flip-Top Piston I think) With these mods how will my XR250R compare to a stock XR250R? Powerwise and everything. Thanks Matt

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Hey,
Hard to say. Horsepower, maybe a couple more. The big difference is in the throttle response, and quicker reving, which gives the impression of much more HP. Regardless, you should be able to leave a stock XR250 in the dust. The '96+ models have better frames, and suspension I believe. They should handle a bit better. Powerwise, I'm not sure, the newer 250's might have more power. But the restrictive stock setup, on any year XR, really kills throttle responsiveness.

Are you just trying to justify your older XR or are you thinking about getting rid of your '91 for a newer model that somebody told you was better? Either way, stick with your '91 if it still runs good etc. If you want a newer bike, look at something like the XR400, DRZ400 etc. if you want more power. Good luck.

XR400RMan

Dec 11, 2000
Thanks SnaggleXR4 for the reply. No I am not wanting a newer XR I love my 1991. When I bought the bike it had the aftermarket Supertrapp and K&N airfilter but I had to do some work on the Top-End and the guy at the dealer order the Flip-Top Piston because he was going to have the get the piston to fit into the cylinder. I was just wondering how it would match up to a Stock XR. Your reply was just what I wanted. Thanks again Matt

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom