Air adjustment 1/2 from all the way in.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Does it hurt performance to run the air screw 1/2 from all the way in? I have adjusted the air adjustment a quarter turn at a time in/out, ran the bike for a hour or so and then checked the new spark plug for "health". Performance and spark plug health is the best 1/2 turn out. I don't mind dropping the needle clip, but it is a pain getting the carborator out with the moose spacer on the carborator. Should I be concerned?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
1/2 is OK, but it means you may soon need to put in a larger pilot jet as weather gets cooler. In = richer and out = leaner.

KDXTrreme

Oct 31, 2001
I have recently noticed the need to put in a larger pilot, I had to run my airscrew all the way in to get the bike to perform even 1/2 it's usual self. I have a 98 200 and run 155 main 45 pilot. I'm changing the pilot today, in anyone's experience, should I worry about the main as well or just leave it and adjust the pilot circuit? Thanks!!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Main jet choice will effect bottom end. That's why you select it FIRST during the jetting process.

re: 'it is a pain getting the carborator out..'

You don't have to take it out to change the slide, needle, pilot or main.

Loosen the boots, rotate carb as required to get the top or fuel bowl off.

And you don't have to do any of that to change the main. You can get to that by removing the plug on the bottom of the bowl.

Helps alot to have allen head screws on the fuel bowl. Then get a ball-end allen wrench for your fender bag.

Piece-o-cake!

kdxt: 155 main is too lean for me at sea level, hi load (sand). Don't know how hi y'all get in ga. Never hurts to check it out (plug chop).

helibuf

Sep 29, 2002
canyncarvr
just curious but what main are you using for sea level /sand?

you also wouldn't know what elevation those recommendations on "just kdx's" web site are for would you off hand?

thanks
doug

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…