marco250f

Apr 14, 2008
Hi! I can't find air filter oil here in our local stores. Is there any oil I can use for my air filter as alternative for the dedicated 1? Can I use engine oil as alternative for the air filter oil? Thanks!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Air filter oil is formulated to get tacky after you spray it on, so that it stays on the filter and isn't sucked into the intake or just drip off..

I doubt that regular motor oil would be a good alternative.

marco250f

Apr 14, 2008
IndyMX said:
Air filter oil is formulated to get tacky after you spray it on, so that it stays on the filter and isn't sucked into the intake or just drip off..

I doubt that regular motor oil would be a good alternative.

How about gear oil? :whoa: It's more tacky or sticky than the motor oil.

tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
gear oil works in a pinch... just make sure you squeeze the filter to distribute the oil evenly and don't use too much as like Indy said the engine will suck it in. I've had to use it a couple times at the races when I've ran out of no-toil and i've never found any dust etc. in my intake boot...

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Lots of guys around here use chainsaw oil and swear by it. They'll even prefer that to air filter oil. I've never tried it myself though.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
trial_07 said:
Lots of guys around here use chainsaw oil and swear by it. They'll even prefer that to air filter oil. I've never tried it myself though.

I'm guessing that would be the bar oil for the chainsaw.

Top Bottom