Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
What do you guys like? I tried the no-toil and hate it. I have never tried to clean anything like that in my life. I tried everything and failed. It turned to bubble gum. Then I noticed it cannot be cleaned without their cleaner....I chucked it.

So....looking for a good brand. I bought some Bel-Ray for the time being, but if you guys like something else, I would be willing to give it a shot!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Don't listen to us, go with what you like. But yea I agree opinions are always good.

Personally I didn't like no-toil either, the Honda airfilter oil is CRAP, opti oil was tacky but I didn't like it.

You can't go wrong with bel-ray, I have used it for a long time now and NEVER had a problem. It's SUPER tacky, easy to see so you know where it's going and it stays on the filter. It's just plain good stuff, and I won't change brands now :thumb:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I use the Bel-Ray stuff too. Super tacky and a nice blue so you can tell if you missed a spot. When applying it I use diposable rubber gloves. Then mineral spirits and soapy water to clean it.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Maxima FFT, Bel-Ray and PJ-1.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Personally, I like the PJ1, although I can't make up my mind between the pour on or spray on product (I've used both).

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I just started using the Amsoil Foam Filter Oil and I really like it! Second to that would have to be Maxima FFT...that's some super tacky oil

kawi35

Jul 20, 2002
me and my bro usually use Twin Air it work good and cleans pretty easy. but u have to use their cleaner. i dont know y u guys dont lik no-toil we used it for about a year and had no prolbems.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Love no-toil. yeah, you have to use their cleaner, but it's 100% worth it...no fumes, brand-new-looking filters and do it all in the kitchen sink in 10 minutes...she'll never know.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
PJ1 and Silkolene have done me well. Both brands work well in either pour-on or spray-on versions. Tried No-Toil and didn't find that it was really tha great like so many people think.

ArmPump

Mar 12, 2002
Maxima works well. The Honda foam oil works as well as the Maxima (my opinion). I tried the Uni stuff but it ran off the filter and out the airbox, leaving a mess on my bike and garage floor. Maybe the 110 degree days here in Phoenix helped that a little?

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Silkolene supa tacky, dries quick, and blue so its easy to see how much is going on the filter. Use surgical gloves cheap buy them 100pairs to the box and throw away after filter change.......beautiful!!!

kawakx125

Apr 28, 2003
Dirt Rider Magazine had a great article on air filters and airboxes in the May issue. Go to www.dirtrider.com, click on the "Products Tested" link on the side of the page, and, once there, scroll down the page until you see an article called "Airbox Prep". Then click the "more" link and you will have a wealth of airbox prep and air filter info at your fingertips. I suggest everyone look at this because it tells you about airbox deficiencies in several of the major brands and how to correct them. Also has a great information about the different air filter oils. It will only take five minutes of your time to look at the site and see if your bike has airbox problems that may cause dirt to get into your engines. Five minutes at a website may end up saving you several hundred dollars in engine repair due to dirt present in the engine. Also gives tips on what you can do to extend the intervals between cleaning your air filter, and if you all are like me, you dont like doing it.

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
If you do go off and re seal your airbox junction, use weatherstrip adhesive. Fuel vapor weakens silicone RTV.

Thanks to EG for that tip.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom