Acavin

Feb 15, 2002
Air Filter oil and Tranny

I've been riding without using the filter oil on the air filter. It's too messy, so I just clean the filter good after every ride. Does anyone else do this, or does it sound too risky? Also I just run 10W-30 in the tranny like the manual suggests, and I just change it after every two rides, what about ya'll?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Acavin said:
I've been riding without using the filter oil on the air filter.
:ohmy:

Dirt sticks to oil. An air filter without oil will allow dirt into the carb and engine. Dirt is bad for an engine. If you think oiling an air filter to too "messy", you aren't going to like doing a top end, or rebuilding your engine every month.

Does wearing a helmet mess up your hair? Do you still wear one?

Hint: Use No-Toil filter oil and cleaner. Do a search. Lots of good info.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Like Smit-Dog said, :eek: . I also use No-Toil and I like the easy clean up it provides. I also use latex gloves and oil the filter up inside a zip lock bag, leaving the bag open fo ra couple of days so it will dry and tack up. For my spare filter and filter skins, I keep them in the zip lock bag ready to use after oiling. Oh yeah, I like the filter skins because I can get a number of weekends out of the air filter and only change the skin after each ride. Occassionally I need to peel off the skin mid-ride so that's where the spare filter comes in. Hopefully you do not have too many rides w/o filter oil, otherwise a top end will soon follow. Good luck.

Top Bottom