dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Hi KDXFreestyle. You can remove the lid all together. Or cut the snorkel opening out larger than it is.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ok..lol...you are gonna congratulate me for this...I DID A SEARCH!!..lol anyways..I have an addition to this question... it is..do you have to change the Stock jetting if you take off the airbox lid?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The stock jetting is grossly rich and needs to be changed whether you modify the air box lid or leave the bike completely stock. Check out the JustKDX web page and click on Tech Tips. You'll see a carb tuning guide there.

Careful with the double posts! 8 minutes after your question on jetting changes here you post the "Airboxmod/jetting changes" thread, my patients are wearing thin! :|

David

kdxfreeeek

Sep 18, 2003
well what i did is take a visable marker and draw where you wanna cut i opened up air lid fully and and sum more holes in top where i couldnt but and its still exstremly strong and i went to the sides and cut sum large holes in both sides of air box if thats not good enought i dont know what is lol

roger kdx 200 15/48 ratio fmf fatty tourqe reeds and so on and so on

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Thanks for bumping a more'n year old thread.

At least you're reading!!

You can go buy a new airbox now, cuz you just ruined yours.

You WILL get water in those 'large holes' in both sides of the air box.

Obviously, it's your bike. You can do with it what you wish.

Still, imo you ruined your airbox...and if the problem isn't resolved you will end up ruining your bike.

Top Bottom