zrenkz

Apr 21, 2003
just wondering if anyone can help me with modifing the airbox on my 97 kdx200 ?l've read in the forum that there is a relocation kit available for the cdi unit on top of the airbox lid,where do you get these?also when removing the rubber snorkel type thingy do you need to put some sort of mesh sheet over the hole or just leave it as is ?any other tips would be great !

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
to relocate the CDI there are threaded holes close by that u can remount it to apparantly (i cant find them) or u can do what i did and cut, lengthen and resolder. tape up with proper insulation tape and relocate to a safe place. with the airbox lid use it as a frisbee....ditch it in the cupboard. if u are worried about excessive dirt or water crossings ive got a stocking or pantyhose stretched over my airbox...hope it helps some

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I just tucked my Voltage Regulator up under where my tank strap is with a ty-wrap. Hasn't moved since and is out of the way. That thing is not the CDI.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
According to my limited knowledge and my Kawasaki manual for the 95 and up the unit that is attached to the airbox lid IS the CDI. The voltage regulator is the cast heatsink type unit mounted to the rear of the aibox on a cross member on the frame...the standard lead / plug was to short for me to simply relocate so i cut and lengthen it... Hope this clears up some confusion..

zrenkz

Apr 21, 2003
thanks alot guys! l think your right kay dee exer about the cdi position,l'll have a play with it and let you know how l went.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Unless your 'H' model is different from everyone elses, your CDI unit doesn't run on two wires.

The unit on your airbox lid has more than two wires, 'eh?

The VR is indeed bolted to a frame piece behind the airbox.

CDI or VR, you can tie-wrap it anywhere you want.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Sorry to have offended the masses! :)
My 92's VR IS on the lid.... My fault... I wasn't talking out my @ss.... just didn't have the year right...for that I apologize!

Top Bottom