tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
ive done nearly all the mods i can find on this site but im clueless as to wat the snorkel is and the way u mod it... is it the black rubber boot type thingy conecting the carb and airbox and wat to do do modify it ????? Thx for any replies...

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=70506

There are several airbox threads running on the board right now. Above is a thread with a picture from BRush. CDave's site has the info, too.

It's NOT the 'black rubber boot type thingy conecting the carb and airbox' for sure.

Look over the last couple of pages on this forum and you'll find out everything you need to know.

IF after reading them you still have a question (you won't) ... ask a specific question.

Cheers!

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
I tossed the snorkle and cut out the entire raised section towards the rear of the lid. Left about a 4"x3" hole. If you do this, you don't have to relocate the igniter box, it opens the airbox up quite a bit more, and still offers some level of protection from water.
.....this is wat was posted but excuse my studity please wat is the snorkel ???

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The snorkel is the....well...snorkel looking thing that comes out of the top of the airbox and points forward.

Go to the thread I listed (just click on it when you hover your mouse on it), check Brush's post, click on HIS link to look at his picture. You'll see that his snorkel is out of his cover.

Seems you did the first part of that because of what you 'quote' above.

Yeah...I could download his pic, post it again...but that would be an awful waste of okie's space!

BRush's post is about 3 posts down from SMIT-DOGS post that you cut-'n-pasted from.

That's about as 'leading the horse to water' as I can get. DRINK something!!

Please! ;)

Last edited:

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
lmao thx canyncarvr i have just realized that the airbox lid has a snorkel type thingy coming out of the rectangle hole but when i bought my bike it must have already been removed so again sorry for my silly question but im still learning... cheers

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I considered that your's was already removed...so it would be hard to tell from looking at it WHAT a 'snorkel' was.

Learning is a good thing. Have fun on your green machine.

Cheers on your own self! ;)

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
If dirt getting into a mod'd air box is a concern ,,,try this.
cut and strech a piece of panty hose ( nylons ) over the open section of the air box.
This will act as a prefilter and the dirt will be bounced of the nylon as the bike moves...Much like the skin of a drum.

Cheers,,,yes!

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
My '00 200 is bone stock right now as well. I'm wanting to do the airbox mod, but I'm concerned about getting additional debris in the airbox. I like the "pantyhose" idea, though. I'm thinking of ways to stretch, and attach, the pantyhose over the lid.

How did you do it? I guess you could just stretch it over the entire top of the airbox, and wrap it around the bottom. This would leave an awful lot of area to develop a rip, though. Never thought I'd have to worry about getting runs in my pantyhose. ;)

Brandon

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
CHUCK THE LID AND DON'T LOOK BACK ITS FINE, ASLONG AS YOU HAVE AN AIR FILTER YOUR GOOD TO GO. I'VE HAD MINE THIS WAY FOREVER-JUST ONE THING WHEN YOU GO TO WASH YOUR BIKE PUT THE LID BACK ON AND SCREW IT DOWN-THIS WAY YOU DON'T GET WATER DOWN YOUR AIR BOOT ANOTHER THING GET A TWIN AIR FILTER ITS BETTER THAN STOCK FOAM AIR FILTERS TWIN AIR IS THE FILTER COMPANY ABOUT THE LITTLE BLACK BOX ON THE LID JUST LOCATE IT NEAR THE GAS TANK AND MOUNT IT TO THE PLASTIC AIR BOX SO YOU STIL CAN GET THE AIR LID BACK ON OH DON'T FORGET TO OIL YOUR FILTER U CAN USE PJ1 STICKY TACK OIL OR SOMETHING LIKE IT

Top Bottom