oldrnyzr

Sep 2, 2004
have a fairly new '08 crf450. Second set of rear pads w/o 12hrs. on the bike.
Seems the right (piston)side of the pad is doing the work as barely any of the wheel side rear pad is worn at all. Same thing with the set I just replaced....????
Caliper seems to "float" easy enough on the pins.
Any suggestions...???? :bang:

Thanks.
JG

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
2 things i would take a stab at ......1st is the brake dragging, especially after the fluid warms up? 2nd do you believe it would still float easy enough if you were to put clockwise pressure on the caliper while getting it to float? oops cant count and barely ever walk sideways. 3rd do you accidentally drag the brake? 12 hours shouldnt wear through a pad even using only one.....i would guess

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Take off the rear wheel, the caliper, the pads and remove the caliper from the bracket there. inspect the slide pins and GREASE them heavily. Then reassemble. Then inspect the rear wheel bearings and make sure you measure the distance of the axle blocks - dont go by the marks - so they are even on both sides.

oldrnyzr

Sep 2, 2004
ellandoh and matt90.... thanks. Yes I did push on the caliper and got the brake pads loose off of the disk, and the caliper moved easily from side to side. No I do not drag the brake, this just sold an '04 with no brake issue.... When I took the caliper off of the mount and looked at the pins, there was still grease on them....??? Seems like the piston is sticking when it gets hot and not releasing all the way..?? Dunno...

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
flush the brake fluid and dont overfill

Top Bottom