Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Press Release:

Yorba Linda, CA (3/7/06) – Alloy Motocross Co. announced today that they have ceased all operations.

Built in 2002, Alloy Motocross Co. was one of the fastest growing motocross apparel companies in the industry and had built a foundation based on the technical aspect of racewear. Competing against the likes of 30 year-old companies, Alloy in only three years attained what many thought was impossible.

Since then Alloy has been faced with numerous obstacles including an overcrowded apparel market and distribution challenges. Unable to overcome these challenges has led to the inevitable decision to close its doors and gracefully withdraw from the motocross market.

"Alloy would like to sincerely thank everyone for their continued support and dedication to the brand," commented a company spokesperson. "From our developers who put everything they had into making our visions a reality to our riders both professional and amateur. We thank you. To all of our dealers that have been our valued partners in bringing our line to the mass market, we thank you. And above all, Alloy would like to thank each and every racer who walked in to their local shop, looked at all the brands, and then left with a set of Alloy. Without you, none of this would have been possible."

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
That sux - I loved their leftover stuff on MOTOSPORT. Of course, the mere fact there was so much of it tells us something, I guess . . . :|

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I bought their gear for my son. He really liked it, and I liked the value.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I sense another sweet clearance deal on Motosport Outlet.

The whole Alessi thing couldn't have helped them any :|

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I wonder if their "last year's gear" clearance pricing was their own worst enemy......why spend $150 for '06 pants when you can get '05's for $50? How many of us actually bought the "new" stuff?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
XRpredator said:
I sense another sweet clearance deal on Motosport Outlet.

I looked last night and they didn't have crap listed under clearance... yet...

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:

What did "Mr. Temper Tantrum" do this time?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
One more butt-ugly clothing line gone. Gee what a loss.

Maybe we should have a Tag Day. :coocoo:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
What did "Mr. Temper Tantrum" do this time?

Alloy signed on to sponsor him, which is the marketing equivalent of strapping a boat anchor to your back and going for a swim. :coocoo:

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
You wont see it on sale until probably the end of the season right before the 07 gear comes out (understanding that Alloy wont have any 07 gear) but until there are new lines out they most likely wont put it on clearance. I am disapointed to see it go though, I own a couple sets of Alloy Gear from both 06 and 05 and it was some of my favorite gear I have ever owned. Not to mention they had some of the best color selections of any brand of gear. Its too bad it was a good quality MX gear and I saw quite a few people with it at the tracks so I am definitely surprised they are calling it quits.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Just recently posted on Transworld's site.

Alloy MX To Change Ownership?

Posted: 03.08.2006

News and rumors of the demise of Alloy MX may prove to have been a little premature. Since rumors surfaced yesterday that the company was having difficulties, there has been a lot of interest in a sale of the gear maker. The Motorsport Aftermarket Group purchased Alloy in 2004—and there's now the possibility of either a management buyout, or a sale to outside investors. You can expect Alloy's riders, Travis Preston, and the entire Rockstar Energy Suzuki squad, to be sporting their Alloy colors this weekend. Stay tuned…we'll update you if we hear anything further.

Top Bottom