ryanfoley

Sep 17, 2002
I have a pair of alpinestar tech 5's and on each boot ive broken off two of them, and since alpinestar doesnt make those boots anymore im wondering what buckles would fit that boot?

Thanks
RYan
:thumb:

Hot4Teacher

Apr 21, 2002
I have Tech 5's also and I had the same problem. I replaced my straps with the Tech 8 straps. Haven't had trouble since. They work/fit like a champ. Plus the Tech 8 straps have the aluminum ends.

Hot4Teacher

Apr 21, 2002
I am glad I could help. I just hope that more people realize that you can change the tech 5 for the tech 8's. When I decided to try it the biggest problem all the dealers telling me it would not work just because of the backwards strap at the top of the foot. I decided to take all my straps out (they were bad anyways) and match them to a package of tech 8's that were on the shelf. Holy Lord they matched and I have been happy ever since. Even though it cost me $40.00 in straps (almost) but it saved me from buyining new boots and the time breaking them in. I hope more peoplr read this and realize the money and time they could save. C-ya on the trails/track. Oh I forgot, I probably won't be seeing you because you'll be seeing my roost! :p Take care!!!! ;)

mmhyson

Nov 12, 2002
you maybe able to find some straps at misc. motorsports store i randomely went in and they had the tech 5 straps sitting in the display window

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom