Alpinestars M4 or Gaerne RX Pro??

chooch

Mar 6, 2001
I'm trying to decide between 2 boots: Alpinestars M4 or Gaerne RX Pro. I can get the M4's for $162 and the Gaerne's for $130 (on sale). I would like opinions on both these boots, both good and bad. Thanks everyone,

JohnnyB

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
I like the M-4's, but needed some that fit alittle better.Great boot for the price.Bought me some Sidi Flexforces:confused: .I have a pair of size 11 black M-4's.Bought last January.Good condition.If interested I wouldn't mind selling them.;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I love my M4's, but then I'm a cheapskate that used to wear army jump boots to ride in for years. :)

chooch

Mar 6, 2001
They'd be too small for me. I'm about a 12 and a half, but too bad no one makes this size (at least anyone that I know of). For fun I tried on the tech 8's, but the 12 seemed too tight and the 13 felt a tad bit loose. I'm sure thats how the M4's will be, but I didn't have time to try them on when I went to the store. I'll probably go with the 13's though because I can add more soul padding if I really need it, and the 12's felt so tight that I'd know they'd hurt if I wore them more than 30 mins or so.

JohnnyB

chooch

Mar 6, 2001
Yeah, I'm a cheapskate too. Right now my boots consist of extremely worn out construction boots with rips in the side and a hole in the soul where I kickstart. I figured I needed real boots when the kickstarter kept getting stuck inside my shoe!

JohnnyB

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Yea boots tend to run big on me.I wear a size 12 shoe and size 11 in Alpinestars and 12's in Sidi's.Different boots fit differently.;) Good luck with the boots.

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
After years with SIDIs, I love the comfort and light weight of my M4s... but then again, I don't do any triples... or doubles.... or singles.

Bruce
KDX 250

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I would save your pennies and get Vectors. I had a pair of M-4's, and they are great boots, and served me well. Vectors are like wearing tennis shoes.

RTKLR1

Apr 23, 2000
I have both the m-4's and rsx's, and have equal time on both pairs, the gaerne's have held up alot better,the m-4's are floppy in comparason,the rsx's are made out of "top grain leather" compared to the split grain leather on the m-4.Also I think the rsx's are more comfortable.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Everyone should remember that your feet should slide around in the boots. They SHOULD NOT fit like tennis shoes!!! Find a pair that fit like normal shoes then get one size larger boot. This is to protect from major knee damage. When you put your foot down the boot will slide and you won’t hurt your knee as easily.

BTW, I love my M4's!

Lee W.

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
The M4's have a tendency to split out in the plastic insert around the arch area if your foot slips from the kick lever and hits the footpeg.
You may think this never happens to you, but if your boot rips every time you do it, you'll realize it is in fact happening to you. I've had this experience and so have some other members of this board with that boot. Do a search, one of the members was able to get his replaced by Alpinestars, but the rest of us have not been that lucky.:(

jackie g

Jun 17, 2001
I had to make this choice about 5 months ago but it was between the Gaerne and AXO RC-5. Got he Axo, but I believe I could have not gone wrong with the Gaerne.:cool:

MxKid512

Feb 10, 2001
I have the Alpinestars and am pleased with them. After kicking around the Tech 6's at $220, I am pleased I went with the M4's at $164. For what I do (a lot of trails) they're perfect! All the boot, half the price!;)

Top Bottom