tom195

Apr 29, 2005
I have a 1997 cr 250, and I did some frame polishing on it. I had to first start sanding with about 120 grit paper, leading up to 1000 wet sanding. I polished the swing arm as well as the frame part that is by your legs. I can see the aluminum "particles" in a lot of spots. Will these "particles" get anywhere where harm can be done? The polishing turned out great, but I am just a little curious about how those "particles" will affect my new ride. When I polished the swingarm, the particles got on the chain, and stuck. Do I need to scrub down the whole chain, or are these particles just like the aluminum that wears off of the sprocket? Will the particles get anywhere they shouldn't? Thanks, I do plan to wash the bike, and just hoping that they didn't already get where they shouldn't have.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You should be OK as long as you haven't riden the bike with the particles. The material is made up of alum. and grit from the sandpaper. As you could imagine neither of them are good for moving parts. Give it a good washing and be careful not to drive any of the particles into the chain or any bearings with high water pressure. It should wash off fairly easily. You may need to use a solvent to get it off the cain since it is probably sticking to the chain lube.

Top Bottom