SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
sixds said:
I find the new four strokes annoying to ride. they vibrate so much and are too hard on the right ear.

Hmmm, I've found most two-strokes vibrate more at the pegs and handlebars than thumpers. The noise complaint is definitely the truth though.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
02rm250 said:
I sold my 250 2t and bought a 250 4t cause the 2t made it feel like I spet the day in the boxing ring. I'm very out of shape and with 2 year old twins, I don't hardly have enough time to ride let alone train. The 4t is a much less abusive ride and still rips. I have yet to think it needs much more for what I do.

I know that this is an old topic but when I saw this post, it just made me feel good knowing that there are more men out there like myself.

I used to be a pretty fast 125cc Intermediate, then I slowed my life down and decided to start a family. Motocross had to be moved to the back burner. Now my Finance' left me and I am a single father raising an 8-Month Old daughter.

I was blessed to be able to land a 1985 Honda CR125 and get back into riding. I am way out of shape compared to what I used to be (I used to be a Certified Personal Trainer) and don't have time to ride during the week because I am working for my Magazine and taking care of my daughter.

The guys that I ride with all have between 2004 and 2009 Honda CRF450's. I am the only guy out there not on a Honda 450 Four Stroke. 2-Weekends ago I was out at LaGrange (in California) and I was able to do most of the Doubles, but on the 125 I couldn't clear the Triple or the Table Top. I know it is just being older because at that same track years ago I could do every jump on the track. I would pass the 450's in the turns and rip them through the whoops, but on the uphill Double and the Straights it was a lost cause. I WAS BLESSED to get this bike and will get my use out of it, but I just can't help but wonder how good I would be on a Big 4-Stroke. The guys on them look like they aren't using any effort at all.

It is funny because all my friends say Les Mixon you are the fastest guy that we have seen on an old beater 125, but I get mad at myself because I know that I should be smoking these guys. Well there is always next time out. :nod:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
SMMWest said:
I know that this is an old topic but when I saw this post, it just made me feel good knowing that there are more men out there like myself.

I used to be a pretty fast 125cc Intermediate, then I slowed my life down and decided to start a family. Motocross had to be moved to the back burner. Now my Finance' left me and I am a single father raising an 8-Month Old daughter.

I was blessed to be able to land a 1985 Honda CR125 and get back into riding. I am way out of shape compared to what I used to be (I used to be a Certified Personal Trainer) and don't have time to ride during the week because I am working for my Magazine and taking care of my daughter.

The guys that I ride with all have between 2004 and 2009 Honda CRF450's. I am the only guy out there not on a Honda 450 Four Stroke. 2-Weekends ago I was out at LaGrange (in California) and I was able to do most of the Doubles, but on the 125 I couldn't clear the Triple or the Table Top. I know it is just being older because at that same track years ago I could do every jump on the track. I would pass the 450's in the turns and rip them through the whoops, but on the uphill Double and the Straights it was a lost cause. I WAS BLESSED to get this bike and will get my use out of it, but I just can't help but wonder how good I would be on a Big 4-Stroke. The guys on them look like they aren't using any effort at all.

It is funny because all my friends say Les Mixon you are the fastest guy that we have seen on an old beater 125, but I get mad at myself because I know that I should be smoking these guys. Well there is always next time out. :nod:

Well Les Mixon (or more since you're the only guy still Mixon gas n oil)...if after a long layoff you're smoking guys on 450's then you are riding with avg joes and you are very talented (pretty sure thats what your post was looking for lmfao) or ....you're just a legend in your own mind.

Supreme talent will trump a superb bike and subpar rider...however similar talent with a better bike will prevail every time.

The whole 90% rider and 10% bike thing is way out of whack and not even close to being right. Math proves it!

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
MrLuckey said:
Well Les Mixon (or more since you're the only guy still Mixon gas n oil)...if after a long layoff you're smoking guys on 450's then you are riding with avg joes and you are very talented (pretty sure thats what your post was looking for lmfao) or ....you're just a legend in your own mind.

Supreme talent will trump a superb bike and subpar rider...however similar talent with a better bike will prevail every time.

The whole 90% rider and 10% bike thing is way out of whack and not even close to being right. Math proves it!

Did you bother to read what he wrote, or just scan it and come up with some criticism you found witty? I think you should re-read SMMWest's post and edit yours to be less insulting to your own intelligence.

J.

Dec 31, 2008
julien_d said:
Did you bother to read what he wrote, or just scan it and come up with some criticism you found witty? I think you should re-read SMMWest's post and edit yours to be less insulting to your own intelligence.

J.

yes, and 90% rider 10% bike is spot on. Fact proves it, stewart did it on a 125 :nod:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
redneckbillybob said:
yes, and 90% rider 10% bike is spot on. Fact proves it, stewart did it on a 125 :nod:

I agree 100%. I see tons of talented kids on dogged 80cc 2 strokes smoking all the yuppie riders on freshy KTM's all the time. I don't even bother trying to keep up, because I KNOW that I'm getting too old, lol!

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
julien_d said:

J.

Thank You.

Top Bottom