Am I missing parts here or is it just me?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Husky was like 400, the pit bull was rescued. And the queen of the track Minpin, 1500 bucks with papers. I sure as hell did not pay that!! I er, ah, stole her from my mother in law, who stole her from a breeder! That is the short story. Rex the husky does not mind the heat here in the midwest, he takes swims and parks on my ac outlets! He has hit 1 car and 1 pos chinese pit bike, taking out my daughters knee! Right around 1800 dollars damage to the car, and Trina's hospital bills are still running. No issues with Rex, he does not go by the road no more!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
stilkikin said:
I've heard horror stories about breeding english bulldogs, is that why I've never seen a pup go for less than 800.00?
Umm, yeah, they're pretty much all true. My male is 4 1/2 yrs now and my female is 3. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get them to git 'er done for a couple heats now. We've done a few litters of Bostons as they're super easy to breed, deliver and unload. The bullies are near impossible to get to take and if you're lucky you get two or three pups. Usually they need a Cesarian to deliver, so that's 1200-1400 around here. AKC registered pups bring 1800-2000 here. I have been seeing ALOT of "Boston Bulls" lately. I guess they have an easier time birthing when bred with a smaller dog. I'm thinking about giving that a whirl this heat as my little Boston male is old enough now.

I'm gonna dig for some good pics of the herd and see what I can find, they're all on the wifey's computer.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The bulls have lots of health issues $$. Bumps under the skin, special food and they get bacteria infections real easy! My minpin and the husky, near maintenance free! The minpin really loves going to the races, hates quads!

philgreen

May 9, 2007
Not exactly sure what you mean by 'tick' at certain RPMs, but my '89 had a rattle at certain RPM's and it turned out to be a broken KIPS valve.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The bulls have lots of health issues $$. Bumps under the skin, special food and they get bacteria infections real easy! My minpin and the husky, near maintenance free! The minpin really loves going to the races, hates quads!

The "special" food is a rip. I fed mine that special Bulldog crap for about a year. It was 35 bucks for 33lbs. The only thing I noticed was reduced flatulence. Sure, it nice not to have to put up with the dog clearing the room, but when I can feed 'em 18 dollar 44lb bags of Purina it's just not worth it. Cuts out of my bike budget. :) The skin infections are cuased by lack of hygiene. Thier skin folds need cleaned regularly. If they get irritated a little A&D does the trick. My male has a had a few issues, mostly eye related problems that all saggy skinned dogs are suseptible to. He had Cherry Eye (swollen inner tear ducts) in both eyes as a pup, then entropian (the eyelid turns in slightly and irritates the eye). He was a Money Pit Puppy, lol. The nice thing is his skin doesn't get stained or irritaded from excess tears because they removed the two inner ones when they swelled up. My female has been healthy as a horse, she's just allergic to the bark from the tree in my back yard. I don't really like of idea of using my male bully for breeding. With all the probs I've had with him I wouldn't to be putting a bunch of problem dogs out there.

The Bostons are great companoin dogs. Mine listen WAY better than my kids. My male is big wuss, you raise your voice and he rolls over. All you gotta do give 'em a bath every so often and they're good to go. They will follow you anywhere. They don't eat much. They make great watch dogs. My female comes to the track, she just lays down and sleeps in the sun the whole time.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The "special" food is a rip. I fed mine that special Bulldog crap for about a year. It was 35 bucks for 33lbs. The only thing I noticed was reduced flatulence. Sure, it nice not to have to put up with the dog clearing the room, but when I can feed 'em 18 dollar 44lb bags of Purina it's just not worth it. Cuts out of my bike budget. :) The skin infections are cuased by lack of hygiene. Thier skin folds need cleaned regularly. If they get irritated a little A&D does the trick. My male has a had a few issues, mostly eye related problems that all saggy skinned dogs are suseptible to. He had Cherry Eye (swollen inner tear ducts) in both eyes as a pup, then entropian (the eyelid turns in slightly and irritates the eye). And his little stub of a tail was inverted so when he got excited he would wag it and it rubbed causing an infectoin. They actually had to remove it. Now hes NO sort of a tail. He was a Money Pit Puppy, lol. The nice thing is his skin doesn't get stained or irritaded from excess tears because they removed the two inner ducts when they swelled up. My female has been healthy as a horse, she's just allergic to the bark from the tree in my back yard. I don't really like of idea of using my male bully for breeding. With all the probs I've had with him I wouldn't to be putting a bunch of problem dogs out there.

The Bostons are great companoin dogs. Mine listen WAY better than my kids. My male is big wuss, you raise your voice and he rolls over. All you gotta do give 'em a bath every so often and they're good to go. They will follow you anywhere. They don't eat much. They make great watch dogs. My female comes to the track, she just lays down and sleeps in the sun the whole time.

stilkikin

Aug 27, 2008
philgreen said:
Not exactly sure what you mean by 'tick' at certain RPMs, but my '89 had a rattle at certain RPM's and it turned out to be a broken KIPS valve.
I can hear it at low RPM but it either goes away with revs or it gets covered up by my loud*** pipe. I don't know which but I don't like the sound of it at all. I put in 10/40 and it did not change.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I've never heard the KIPS rattle but I have heard some piston slap from a worn piston. You said it needed a top end anyway so I would tear it down and inspect the KIPS system while it's apart.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
stilkikin said:
I can hear it at low RPM but it either goes away with revs or it gets covered up by my loud*** pipe. I don't know which but I don't like the sound of it at all. I put in 10/40 and it did not change.
Do not forget, if you modded the air box, now you have a loud azz air box!

Top Bottom