cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
Everytime i go to the gym now i seem to do more damage than just some soar muscles! Like right now in my right bicep i can feel what i guess is the tendon. Seems like i some how damaged it. Im 15, 5'8(or 5'9 havent been measured in a while) and 140lbs. I want to be lean as can be but now im starting to think that being lean is about worth less unless you are fully grown and already very strong. Would i lose any strength by lowering some of the weight numbers of many of my excercises? Like say i bench 145 untill i can do it real easy or something? I love lifting but always having something hurting(not soar muscles, i like that lol) sucks!!!

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Take a week off. About every 10 to 12 weeks I take a week off to give my body a chance to rest. Then when you start back use less weight the first week.Back off a little on the weight when you start getting sore tendions. I get it in the elbow bad. When this starts I back off on the weight and switch to more machines for a week or two.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
Thanks for the info man! About your elbow. WHere do you feel it? in it on the inside(bicep) of your arm or out side(tricep)? Mine is On the inside.Also im assuming that hurting tendons are bad?How long do they generally take to heal?

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Try interval training, this is where you work out in 7-9 day cycles. What you want to do is start out easy at the begining of the cycle and then work up to a hard work out at the end. Then take a day off and start all over again.
Also try less weight and more reps. If you are having sore tendons, you need to stretch. Try stretching both before and after lifting, or at the end of the day before you go to bed.
Your young don't get in a hurry, stength will come with time, you need to be more worried about flexiblity and cardio conditioning. Very few sports take pure brute muscle, but flexiblity and good wind are need for all sports.
You also need to be careful that you are not over building any small one area of muscle groups, you need balance. I would suggest finding a trainer to make sure you are doing the correct exercises. If you are still in school you might have access to one if you ask the right people.

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
Take a rest! At 15, you are still doing a lot of growing. Take your time and don't get hurt. You have only got one body. Take care of it.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
Yea i guess thats right, im gonna take 2 weeks off for my upperbody. I seem to have "mx elbow". It pisses me off! Feels like the tendon on my bicep is messed up. Advil fixed it though. What can i do to strengthen tendons n ligaments?

Top Bottom