An RB carb divider update for y'all

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've read more than one thread that refers to performance gains of an aftermarket S/A being minimal. If you have the RB designs carb modification done....'Please consider the following..........'

Ever since getting the carb mod done, I've been unable to jet around a particular situation..that being loading up after long idle (big downhills) or low power piddling. It wasn't a huge deal, but after a long downhill my bike would sputter (four-stroke) for just a bit when I cracked the throttle.

Considering the other advantages of the modification, I figured I'd just live with that.

But...my first ride with a PC S/A was the dawning of a new age!! Didn't load up ONCE! The power from the bottom is greatly improved with the PC S/A, too. I can lift the front end to go over anything I want anytime I want.

So...if you have the carb mod done..and are going on the idea of not getting an aftermarket S/A because 'they don't do much'..GET ONE! You'll be amazed!!

BTW...42-152-AEN/4 AS@3/8.

I bought an FMF turbine core II first..returned it unused in preference to a PC. The FMF came without the rubber bushings required to mount it..the bolt heads would go clear through the holes in the S/A. The fit of the FMF at the stinger (yes, an FMF pipe, too) is awful. The collar doesn't come close to fitting the S/A. I asked FMF tech about it..they saw fit to ignore me. Fine...I'll buy someone else's!

Cheers!

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
And doesn't the PC just look way cooler too?! Good job! Sounds like you have things under control, but I wonder if a BR7ES would have helped??? Maybe that's what you're already running.

------------------

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
canyncarvr,

A couple of questions if you don't mind:

a. What model PC did you buy?

b. Is it a spark arrestor (ala the FMF Turbine Core), or just a silencer?

c. How is it sound-level wise?

------------------
96 KDX 200
(soon to be a 225, or else a bunch of expensive parts scattered all over the trail...)

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
I am glad you where able to get your bike running right. I went down to a lower elevation to ride this weekend and my "toorichhighelevationjetting" worked perfect. It is so snappy I can't contain myself. Now I will get it to work right up here!

I use an answer SA and it seems awesome but it is a pain to repack and clean. I am going to try a homemade straight thru stock muffler and see what kind of results I get. I think it will work good because there is no restriction. If not I will be getting a PC. Thanks for the info.

Brenda

------------------
89, 92 KDX 200, 240
98 Montesa
94 ATK 250, 406

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Russ:
A '7' would have likely helped, but I'd rather correctly jet for an '8'. Everything else was fine (WOT-plug-chop and all that) with the '8' I do run. Didn't seem prudent to put in a '7' just to deal with the loading problem other things being ok.

I DO like the stainless spout off the back. The joint to the canister at that spot seems to blow-by a bit..gets some carbon on it during a ride. Would rather it didn't do that, but it's not a big deal.

BRush:
It's the one each PC silencer/arrester..foresty approved and all that. The only one they make I believe (like the turbine II, yes). It's rated at 94db (@1/2 max rpm). It's not so much louder as 'different'. Deeper. Makes your bike sound like someone added some volume to the cc side of things. It IS louder, but it's the tone that is more noticeable. Crack it and it sounds like a beehive looking to swarm all over something.

My riding buddy (also an '00 200) could be right behind me with his stock unit, and I could often not hear him. With his T-II, I can hear him if he's within 10-20 feet, otherwise not. He told me he could NOT hear me until I was right on his a__ (which I think happened once when he was taking a nap!). That said, maybe the PC is a bit quieter than the FMF?

Motochick:
Repack?? Clean?? Hey..it SAYS 'maintenance free!!'

I thought that meant they'd send someone out to do it FOR me......

Guess it means you don't have to add water?

signed,
the little 200 that could

------------------
  • OLD member
    'oh-oh' KDX 200
    '86 Nighthawk 700 SC
    (a motorcyle even if it doesn't have a chain!)

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
It’s important to run a hot enough plug to prevent deposits from building up. A BR7ES would likely have helped.

I’d suggest you need to sorting out the plug’s heat range before addressing jetting or you’ll have yourself running around in circles and can easily end up with a false plug reading. For the majority of 95 to 01 KDX owners the 7 is going to be a better choice.

Bike manufactures are just as conservative with stock plug heat ranges as they are with jetting.

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

Top Bottom