CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
i was wondering about the ankle pivot on the gaerne sg10's. does it compromise support? pivoting is not what i would think a motocross boot should do. does it make the boot more comfortable? and how is the support of the sg10 in general when compared to the tech 8's? :think:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
No, not at all. The pivot is from front to back. Just like your ankle needs to move while shifting. Nothing from side to side. The boot is strong.

YZ-212

Jan 8, 2003
I agree. The pivot doesnt take away from the strength at all. I have a pair of sidi boots with the hinge. I moved from tech 8 boots and am still getting used to the sidis, but so far so good!

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
does it add to the comfort of the boot? and what is better about the tech 8s (if anything, i hear the sg10s are awsome).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
1) Nothing is better about the Tech 8.
2) The hinge allows for zero break-in time.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
The hinge also allows the sole of the boot to be much stronger and stiffer, not allowing as much flex. A stiff sole spreads impact across the whole foot and your less likely to injure your foot because it doesn't bend on hard landings.

YZ-212

Jan 8, 2003
I'd suggest trying on a pair at the shop and sit on a bike with them on. I'm so used to my tech 8 that even after 6 months of riding with the Sidi's I can notice that I'm wearing a different boot. Not that thats bad just different. Part of that may be the stiffness of the soles.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I think the stiff soles are a bonus. But I know some riders like some flex. Definitely takes some getting used to. I couldn't hardly shift when I got my Sidis...my foot wouldn't bend down.

Top Bottom