What is your average Gross Annual Income? (Votes are not Public)

• Less than $20k

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • $20k-$39k

Votes: 41 12.1%
  • $40k-$79k

Votes: 125 36.9%
  • $80k-$99k

Votes: 49 14.5%
  • $100k+

Votes: 72 21.2%
  • None of your business :-)

Votes: 16 4.7%

• Total voters

767Capt

Jul 24, 2006
HajiWasAPunk said:
It is an expensive hobby no matter how you slice it up. I've been involved in it for 6 months and though I didn't "need" that new bike, I now have over $10,000 in it between bikes for my son and I, gear and lessons/race fees, trailers, truck blah blah blah.

Expensive? EXPENSIVE??? We started last year, and let's see... Dirt bikes: $18k, Gear: $2k, Truck: $47K, Toyhauler: $41k... Incidental repair costs; Honda 250X engine rebuild: $2k

$10,000 is lunch money, be happy...

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
767Capt said:
Expensive? EXPENSIVE??? We started last year, and let's see... Dirt bikes: $18k, Gear: $2k, Truck: $47K, Toyhauler: $41k... Incidental repair costs; Honda 250X engine rebuild: $2k

It's all relative right? I mean if 10 grand is lunch money for you, sweet! And I hope I get invited to dinner. :)

I still love the guy shows up in his 1980's econoline van and wins the open money class on a 98 CR250 2-stroke! You can spend a couple of thousand a year or you can spend a couple of million if you pick the right rig to haul your bike (I didn't count the cost of my truck etc)! But hey it's all in good fun! The fastest way to become a millionare in motocross is to start with two million and race until you only have 1. :nod:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
767Capt said:

You have 5 bikes for crying out loud!

And it's a sport you choose to be involved in, so I wouldn't complain!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
MrLuckey said:
No doubt and a 41k toyhauler lmao. Those aren't costs of riding bikes, those are costs of not having anything more pressing to do with money.

:nod: I agree 100% Eddie...

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Like the commercial says "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, someone please help me"

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
When I was in school the girls said that I was more gross than average; I tended to agree with them!

One idea, Masterphil, for your next, unscientific, poll on income would be to include the following choices:
- More $ than I deserve
- More $ than sense
- More $ than God
- More $ than my spouse thinks
- Less $ than I deserve
- Less $ than I need
- Less $ than my spouse thinks

You get the idea!

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
MrLuckey said:
No doubt and a 41k toyhauler lmao. Those aren't costs of riding bikes, those are costs of not having anything more pressing to do with money.

some of these things just make riding easier. it takes much work to pack for a day of riding - almost as much as for a week. thats why i am considering a toyhauler even for day trips. the 7x12 trailer is just too small any more for anything other than down the road with only bikes. and on multi-day trips, i can work from the toyhauler with a cell phone computer link.

chances are if you are in the 100k+ bracket, you have little free time and in order to enjoy what free time you do have, you must spend more $$$ to get at that free time - bike maintenance is fun for the first 5-minutes, then it sucks!!!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
As others pointed out, annual income is pointless, it's what's left over (i.e.- disposable or discretionary).

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Annual income is NOT pointless. Someone who makes 500k a year and blows it on a million dollar house, boats, european vacations etc and then has 20k left is surely in a better position to blow that 20k on dirtbikes than someone making 60k a year with 20 leftover. Saying annual income is pointless is the goofiest thing I've heard in a long time lmao.

Shawn007

Oct 22, 2005
What does imao stand for? This got me to remember something I had forgot about. When I was in college, in 1984, after having it good racing while living with the 'rents, I used to use 2 Ancra's to strap my '84 RM125 to the top of the trunk, with the handlebar against my rear windshield of my ratted '72 Dodge Challenger that I bought off a friend for $150.00(the car). The bike was worth way more than the car, at the time. Today, after watching the Barret/Jackson auoto auction, I'd rather have the car. Priorities change!

Top Bottom