Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
OK I picked up a great deal on a KDX200SR and I'm happy with it...

The guy i bought it from said the power valves are missing.

That's fine the bike runs great, idle is fine and it has smooth power up through the revs and really gets going towards WOT....

The main exhaust valve is still there but my KIPS arm doesn't move (the guvnor is stripped) so the main exahaust valve is always shut.

Should I remove the Main exhaust valve too? and the kips arm ? until I can justify spending the money on the bits i need ?

EYY

May 22, 2010
I think the bike would go much, much better with the powervalves sorted properly. I wouldn't suggest removing the system altogether. The two sub valves aren't all that expensive. As for the 250 valves, I havent heard of them working and I strongly doubt they would fit.. I could be wrong though. Steer clear of used valves of at all possible.

Can you move the kips rod in and out by hand?
The governor has a nylon gear I'm quite sure, and all of its parts are cheap from Kawasaki also.

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
yeah I get that, it would work better with everything working but what I want to know is would the top end be better if the exhaust valve was open as it should be when the kips is open or would it give me more hassle low down...at the moment its shut and stays shut....

I guess I'll try it and report back...

Gibbo

Jul 2, 2012
yeah that makes sense, so it's a bit of a trade off...

The bottom end is just fine at the moment and the top end is ok too...

I'll whip it out and see if I prefer it....

Top Bottom