Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Hey guys, this is another shot I took the other day. I don't normally shoot stuff like this, so give me an honest C&C. I just wish I lived in a more photogenic area, but I'm really just happy we had a blue sky for a few days. Seems like a rare thing around here anymore.

MF8B2814.jpg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Excellent pic Squid.

Awesome depth. :cool:

Just my unprofessional opinion.

B

biglou

Another awesome pic, E. :cool: I'm pretty sure the shot has more to do with who's behind the viewfiinder rather than what's in front of the lens! :nod:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Squid - It might be worth trying a warming gel on the flash head so the foreground light has a less antiseptic feel to it. A reduction in the flash EV to soften the foreground light (or a diffuser of some sort) might make those great background colors stand out more.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I agree with Rich although until he explained it I wasn't sure why. I just felt the background was lost a little or overpowered by the foreground.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks for the comments guys. The flash was not used in this shot, but I did try to bring out the foreground a bit in post. I tend to over do it sometimes.

Bspeed - Believe it or not, where I live has to be the crappiest location on earth. The ground is very flat here, and there is not too many trees left because of all the farm land. Summers are usually brutally hot with the high humidity, and we hardly get any snow in the winter. But then again I have lived here all my life, so I'm most likely just over it.

Top Bottom