Slowcarp

Oct 18, 2005
After 20+ years away from dirt riding i am the proud owner of a 2006 KDX 200. I am 49 years old and have been riding for 39 years. 25 years ago i did a lot of flat tracking and rode some enduros and hare scrambles in the winter for fun. When i got married i decided i was too old to be playing in the dirt so i started drag racing bikes, it was fun but nothing like any knid of dirt racing. Spent high school and several years after working in Honda and Suzuki shops and from 13-20 years old rode at least 2 hours every day. After riding street bikes for the past several years i decided i was not too old to play in the dirt so here i am. Thanks to everyone on this site, lurking here played a huge part in my decision to buy the KDX. As i ride more and get used to it again i hope to post more and meet new people. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to all, now it's time to heal the sore bones from Saturday's first ride. BTW, i love this bike!!!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:cool:

jeba6208

Sep 8, 2005
welcome

Glad to see you're back playing in the dirt. The body slows, but the mind never outgrows the desire. I'm 46 and just bought a kdx200 and raced my first enduro in 20+ years. Not sure why I stayed away so long.
By the way, 49 is not old. We keep redefining what is possible here every day. If the Stones can go on tour at 60 I figure I have at least another 20 to 30 years left of good riding in me.
Greg

KDXdog

May 4, 2005
Welcome guys, I'm a kid at 44, just bought a new 04 KDX this May, I love it! Just did a turkey run a few weeks ago, the most fun I've had in years! My other bike I still ride is a 1976 MR250, I bought when i was a kid, back in 77. Been off for way to long, but it all comes back pretty fast! Love the smell of pre-mix in the morning!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
49 isn't even close to old unless you let it! Welcome back.. enjoy!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Okiewan said:
49 isn't even close to old unless you let it! Welcome back.. enjoy!

Um, creeping up there Okie? :rotfl:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom