bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK, i went and bought a drum of F&L SP1 race gas today, got it home and it turns out the can isnt sealed. it appears they pump it from the barrel into the offical cans and sell it! :think:

it smells very strongly of toluene and i took some up in a syringe and it has a very(very) faint green color which sort of ties in.

how intensly colored are the dyed race fuels? do you thsink it should be as green as grass or is the faint color OK.

i am currently wondering if i have bought some expensive paiont thinners!

thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Bruce - Coloring varies a lot with different fuels. B35 is a light purple while some of the Union 76 fuels are a much darker purple. I don't think you can tell much from color unless you are doing back to back comparisons with a known reference.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
thanks rich, i was thinking the same, sometimes i think too much!;)...i am trying to locate a separate sample for comparison.

what i noticed most was the strong toluene odour, i will see how the color looks in daylight also, rather than the garage light!

i will report the ride resuslts in due course, unfortuately it will be a difficult test since the bike will have a new piston and reed valve. if i am not pleasedd after 5 gallons i will go for sealed cans of c12...i also found a place nearby that is open 7 days and has a load of nutec on stock.

thanks

Top Bottom