Another thing I wonder about sometimes...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Some of your names on here are pretty obvious, but for those that aren't quite so, what is the origin?

And further more, do you use that name other places?

Do people who don't know jack about this site know that name and use it?

Mine is pretty obvious, as I'm from Indy.

As most know, it was IndyYZ85 when I first joined, but that soon became irrelevant as I upgraded.

And no, no one knows of either name.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
I use the same name here on all the offroad type forums I belong to. No one else knows it except members of those forums.

SS109 is a military/firearm reference. SS109 is the current standard issue ammunition used in the M16/M4 series of weapons. I'm into action shooting sports so, there ya go!

BTW, I grew up in Indy just South of Beech Grove. I go home to Indy for vacation in July every year.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
SS109 said:
I use the same name here on all the offroad type forums I belong to. No one else knows it except members of those forums.

SS109 is a military/firearm reference. SS109 is the current standard issue ammunition used in the M16/M4 series of weapons. I'm into action shooting sports so, there ya go!

BTW, I grew up in Indy just South of Beech Grove. I go home to Indy for vacation in July every year.

Cool..

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=162271
this will keep ya busy for a while. some of them are still here some not

ellandoh=L+O

grandpa called me L+O since i was about 3yo stood for "Little and Ornary"

family knows it, noone else

useless trivia#2
if my sis was to join she might use gramps nicname for her, it was "pogie bait" old military slang for bribing superior officer to get the good duties

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
One of my employees always used to say I had my thumb on him. Meaing that I was always on top of what he was doing and checking up on him constantly. A few others said the same thing and before I knew it they were calling me Mr. Thumbs.

Most of my friends and family know the nickname but only call me thumbs when we are out riding or at the river. I use the same name at the boating website that I frequent also.

I have also been called Tony Da Rat and Dr. Santero. Both were given my fellow DRN members. Da Rat comes for my ability to pack a trailer (pack rat) and the other for the dinner reservation I made for a bunch of us when we met in Vegas for the supercross about 5 or 6 years ago. "Dr. Santero, your private dinning room is ready"

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
other for the dinner reservation I made for a bunch of us when we met in Vegas for the supercross about 5 or 6 years ago. "Dr. Santero, your private dinning room is ready"
THAT was good. Company was better.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Oldguy dam I wish I could remember why I picked that. Maybe after my nap it will come to me.

My son was first thekid here on DRN but when he got old enough the mods renamed him with his true nickname Spider. There are still many people at the tracks that actually think Spider is his real name.
Spider comes from 2 sources
1) when he was born (premature by about 2 months) he was all arms and legs so kind of looked like a spider and he can climb almost anything.
2) it was in honor of an old friend of mine Spider Sabich that I had skied with many times in 1971 and 72. He taught me how to ski powder even tho I never got very good at it

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
So this is the 3rd time this new thread came up? Just like dang near all the rest of the threads? This particular one is still a hilarious read, especially back in the day. Thanks Gary! Vintage Bob

In come tacks

Feb 10, 2010
The ways & means to get my bike - got the bike, still no IRS check...
And the memory of the roofing nail trick endorsed by the Sierra club.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
My name is Matt McGuyer. My friends call me Matty Mc-G for short....now just Mc-G. They all like to come up with clever and funny ways to rhyme Mc-G.

I use to own a 1999 Mustang SVT Cobra. Someday I will have another since having to sell mine(thanks non-job-getting ex-wife). I LOVE theose and the SVT Lightnings.

SVT Mc-G...tah daaaaaaaaah!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
SS109 said:
I looked and couldn't find you on http://BrianEnos.com . Are you on there?

We're doing a USPSA match Saturday followed by a 3 gun match Sunday...I've gotten into shooting, too.

I was given the name Gomer in high school. At work a few years later I acquired the High Lord title. I use it on all of my forum accounts.

When they made up the name tags for our office doors they made mine as "Gomer". I didn't even know about it until afterwards. They did a few other funny ones. One guy got "Storage B" and another got PHB.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Okiewan said:
THAT was good. Company was better.

That was a great weekend. Little did I know that was the weekend I was to me my future wife, MXBundy's sister in law. Happily married for 3 years now. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
My first name is Xavier. My middle name is Rodunda. amazingly, it's the same initials as a bike I used to ride (an XR). The last part comes from my mom's dad's half-step neighbor-in-law, once removed. His name was Rotella Alyouisis Derp. Everyone called him Rot. So, when he signed his name (after he learned to write, of course, because until he was in his late 80's, his "mark" was an X), he signed it "Rot A. Derp". Oddly enough, if you spell that backwards, it's the title of the single greatest piece of cinematic mastery, released in 1987 and starring the governor of California: Predator

and that's all there is to say about that.

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
The tag "Porkchop" was bestowed upon yours truly by the pack of vultures that freakquents the hood at Jawbone Canyon, Ca. I been camping & riding there since"69, with all the land closures we have been forced to move camp 3 times. In '91 we set up camp near this green hill & a fairly good size hill climb that is great entertainment.
A buddy & I where out for a 2 day R&R, we both bought food for the other guy, with out discussing the menu. On sunday, we went for a ride & returned to camp & there was a group of motly looking hooligans parked close by. I had a bunch of porkchops that were gonna go bad if I didn't do something with them. So the Q got lit & they were done up in short order, all of them. I walked over & upon an intro of my pal & myself, gave all these guys some good grub. Afterwards, we all went for a "little spin" YEA RIGHT!" No one knew my real name, so the bombadeer? taged me as such.( he gets all the credit)
The pack of hooligans included, a whole slew of nick named AUSOME RIDERS such as, the german, kiwibird, sap sucker, needle d-ck, dopey(aka, endoquest) & the evil twin, snake, monkey, pig pen ( R.I.P.), snow white, the broom, mouthie, the squid, terrorist, donkey, monkey, speed racer & so on. When we returned from our little spin, A guy that did not go with us asked me, " YOU DID'NT GO RIDING WITH THOSE GUYS DID YOU?" I lived to tell the tale due to prior topographical knowlege of the area, not my riding skill. Prior to that I had been tagged by the Sunland Shamrocks motor cycle club, as the professor. I liked Porkchop way better & stuck with it. There's more to this tale, but I'm out of time, maybe later.... :yikes:

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
High Lord Gomer said:
I looked and couldn't find you on http://BrianEnos.com . Are you on there?

We're doing a USPSA match Saturday followed by a 3 gun match Sunday...I've gotten into shooting, too.
Nope, not on Brian's forum. You can find me on ArizonaShooting.com. I go by HKfreak on there.

I only shoot ACTS (ACTShooters.com) but haven't been out in a while. I got really burnt out on the politics of it all. I was the Tucson Chapter Match Director and I was on the national ACTS Board of Directors. It really killed the passion I had for shooting so I stepped down from both and have been riding instead.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
My first online venture was to play a game called LinksLS golf in about 1996, needed a name to sign in as and after about a gazillion attempts that were taken I tried the golf term Chilidip and it was also taken, shortened it to Chili and here we are 14 years later.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I earned the name because of a scary altercation with a certain ornery critter while trail riding many years ago. Then, I looked at the spelling one day and realized it read Bad-German, which also fits pretty well given my ancestry.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
High Lord Gomer said:
SS109...Is that like IDPA with rifles?
In a very loose kind of way, yes. It is rifle and handgun. We force shooters outside their comfort zones. Weakside, prone, around barriers, on the move, etc. while remaining under cover at all times. I know the LE/military guys we have down here really like how it challenges you physically as well as mentally. Plus, you find out what gear works and what could possibly get you killed!

Sorry, I still get into promotion mode when I think about it. Old habits I guess.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Great story Porkchop. I rode with those hooligans before. What a fun bunch. We rode at Gorman. My buddy Jim overshot a turn and found himself hanging off of a cliff while hanging onto a tree root. Picture a Roadrunner cartoon with Wiley Coyote hanging on to a branch. :yikes: Kinda' like that. :rotfl: His bike didn't go over the side and we managed to drag him back up to the trail and continue on. Have ridden with Kiwi bird a few times too.

My screen name comes from my racing days. It was my AMA pro number and I'm an old fart so, Ol'89r seemed fitting. A few years ago, a454elk and a bunch of the So Cal Wrecking Crew bought me a new license plate for my truck. Faster-than-elk was already taken so they got me Ol89r. :nener: Thanks guys. :cool:

A lot of my riding buddies call me that now and I use it at all of the dirtbike related sites.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I've used wake_rider for about 15 years now, and it's the name I use for everything although it isn't so valid for me anymore.

I used to be big into Wakeboarding when I was young and a buddy made a comment to my ability to slide the wake (kindof like a grind) but he didn't know how to explain it so he called it wake riding. Somehow it stuck so I've just kept it going out of familiarity to myself more than anything. I don't want to have to remember something else, so I use it for everything.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
mine came from a bad experience with some point ignitions. ol´89r knows what i mean ;)

Top Bottom