Any Members goin to Race in Troy Ohio ?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Hey, We're going down tonight. We're going to race the amateur races Saturday and Camp till Sunday. Mmmm... Beeerr.... I figure the worse I do in the races, the sooner I can start drinking. :p

Anyway, we'll be in an old motor-home (Now that's an RV..) With a black enclosed trailer and chrome wheels with Cooper tires. I've got a KTM with the number 162 on it. We should definitely try to hook up.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Sweet, this so happens to be 'Fair' weekend in our county. We'll probably be up Sunday (already have tix). I'll look for you.

-MD

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
My son and I will be there. Look for a 5yr.old red head and a 37yr old kid right behind him dragging cooler, chairs ect. I would wear my DRN shirt but you know hot it will be. Hope all the ladies are able to stay cool:p

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
wh00t....

Next year we need to plan ahead and have a mid-west DRN get together with perhaps some DRN banners or something to promote this place :)

I'd gladly strap a banner to my camper if I had one and would pass out mouse pads or something :)

-MD

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I ran into DKB and his description was 100%!! Cooler, kid, he even made his wife wear the DRN T-shirt, :) . It was nice to meet ya. Hope to see you at Dirtweek.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
How'd your race go Bill ? I looked for ya (but not too hard as we were a little late and hand to find some other folks).

Man I saw Sebastien Tortelli crash in the last moto, that was ugly. Cuncusion city. And that guy break his arm in the same place in practice. (In the doubles before the tabletop).

-MD

Last edited:

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
I should be there. It was also nice to meet you. We just walked into the gate and there was Bill. RV, black trailer, Cooper tires and all. How was it racing on a national track? It had to be thrill! Darin

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
It was actually pretty cool just to be out there. I thought I was in trouble after the practice session. They put down TONs of water and it was hard just getting around, let alone clearing the jumps. I'm a bit disappointed with my race. I wanted to race an Open B/C class, but with my District B card, and no open class, I ended up running in the 25+ B class. So already I'm in trouble. I got a pretty good start and was feeling pretty good but I came out of a woop and stuffed the rear brake stalling the bike. It was kind of hard to start it because it was still really muddy but I got it going and was off again. I think I finished 6 or so from the bottom. Oh well, we had a good time and I'm glad I did it. That track is pretty challenging, a Jumper's track which is not my forte. :) I'm definitely going back there on an open track day, it's only an hour from Columbus. That's closer than New Vienna! I think I need to stick to the trees though! :D

Top Bottom