Anybody ever gotten boots resoled?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Got a pair of tech 8's that need to be resoled. Has anyone had boots resoled by Sole Performance before? Where you satisfied with the work? What can I expect?

Thanks in advance

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
If you get them resoled, have whoever put Gaerne' SG1 soles on them. The SG1 soles are much more durable and will last longer. James had thid done and they fit just fine. I think soon after he had them done, he tore the upper leather in half and couldn't use the boots at all. So much for the long term test, but I've nefer heard of a Gaerne wearer complain that his soles wore out. Sole performance puts SG1 soles on AS boots regularly, so much so that they have them in stock!

Ford-PSD

Uhhh...
Oct 22, 2002
Sole Performance ((800)944-2755) is the authorized repair shop for Alpinestars. Alpinestars sends all their boot repairs to Sole Performance as they don't do the repair work themselves.

Also another good repair shop:
Freemont Boot Repair (616)924-0190
124 Stewart
Freemont, MI 48412

Its either Freemont or Sole Performance that will but SG1 soles on Tech 8's.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Ford-PSD
Its either Freemont or Sole Performance that will but SG1 soles on Tech 8's.
It's Sole Performance. I called them.

mmhyson

Nov 12, 2002
any local shoe repair shop will replace the soles i had my alpinestars done it cost me 50bucks for the pair but i had to order the soles from alpinestar

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I had mine done at a local boot shop. Was an ok job but if I hadn't tore the boot wide open kicking Ivan's 250f, I don't think the sole would have stayed attached long enough to wear it out. The SG1 soles are DEFINITELY longer lasting, you can tell just by looking at them. Considering my luck with Alpinestars thus far, I am just going to get the whole SG1 boot next time.

I have to admit, the IMS footpegs are what chewed up teh fist set of soles. MY newer Alpinestar's soles are holding up fine with Stock CR pegs, the rest of the boot is self destructing however.

Top Bottom