katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
has anyone ridden west side in the past couple days? Holton or Horseshoe perhaps?

we are hoping to find some dirt someplace for sunday. This past weekend we rode north of Baldwin (Lincoln Hills) and single track snow still too deep to have any fun and the sled trails were dangerous with deep (ice/water) holes everywhere to suck your front wheel in at speed - some up to the axle and blocks of ice on the opposite end causing you to almost take a trip over the bars every time you hit one.

so - anybody been out this week?

mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
I am going to try Cedar Creek today, I know the parking lot is clear. Still snow on the north side of hills for sure. I will post how it was later.
Yzman, Tim and I will be there at 11am if interested.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Pulled the studded tires off Friday night. Went out today and churned some dirt. It felt soooo good. Trails are in awsome shape!

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Pulled the studded tires off Friday night. Went out today and churned some dirt. It felt soooo good. Trails are in awsome shape!

where did you ride? Single track or that highway over at Cedar Creek?

mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
Cedar Creek was more dirt than snow. Don't know for sure but I would bet HSL and Holton stlll have a lot of snow in the woods. Just felt good to get out and ride!

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
YZMAN400 said:
IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Umm, :think: Sounds like a setup.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
SNDMN2 said:

I agree - leaving the studs in at least one more week - planning Holton at noon tomorrow. I expect we'll still see snow for sure.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
mjbike said:
Cedar Creek was more dirt than snow. Don't know for sure but I would bet HSL and Holton stlll have a lot of snow in the woods. Just felt good to get out and ride!

Sndmn2 said:

mjbike said:
Studs will come in handy

You guys are no fun at all....Spoiled my fun ya did :nener:

Common I rode it all with a trials tire on the back...How bad could it be :think:

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
we got just back from holton, there is quite a bit of snow on the ground. it looks like someone went up within the last week and turned around about 2 miles in. where they turned around was about 18" deep. we hit the grass till we could get back in to the woods. besides that the deepest snow on the trail we seen was probably 8" deep. there is quite a bit of dirt though.
but we had an absolute blast, i wanna go tomorrow also, if i can get my bike to start...

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
TJC510 said:
we got just back from holton, there is quite a bit of snow on the ground. it looks like someone went up within the last week and turned around about 2 miles in. where they turned around was about 18" deep. we hit the grass till we could get back in to the woods. besides that the deepest snow on the trail we seen was probably 8" deep. there is quite a bit of dirt though.
but we had an absolute blast, i wanna go tomorrow also, if i can get my bike to start...

thanks for the response! we should be there abt noon today

Top Bottom