MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I suppose my title gave away the acutal message. We had originally planned on the weekend, we normally go all weekend. This year though, Phil got a free Sunday only ticket. So we are probably just going to go on Sunday. Save some money. I kinda like him working for a dealer :) He gets to go to dealer shows and bring home goodies...plus access to behind the scenese stuff. Although, I may not get to go with him :(

Oh, I finally dropped my truck off to get the transfer case fixed...yeah it's only been a few (or more) months since it started acting up.... :think: Found out the chain is most likely snapped in two and caught up in the gear...wonderful!

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
This is my first time at Red Bud!!! I'm probably only going on Sunday also due to my tight budget.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
You'll have fun, not as many posers as what is at SX. Phil has gone since '99, me since '01. First year we haven't camped, but I have to have some money to pay for my truck. Tight budgets suck :(

We'll be either driving a white explorer w/ license plate "MX GRL" or a blue Dodge dakota (old body style) with a stupid black ugly topper thingy. That thing will go as soon as my truck is fixed. If by some chance you happen to see us in the hundreds of thousands of people say hi. We move around the track quite a bit, don't stay in one spectating spot for long at all.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
RReeeeeeddddd Buuuddddddd!!!!!

I am there. Wild horses couldn't keep me away. This race is the absolute highlight of my entire summer.

REEEEDDDD BUUUUDDDDDD!!!!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
RReeeeeeddddd Buuuddddddd!!!!!

I am there. Wild horses couldn't keep me away. This race is the absolute highlight of my entire summer.

REEEEDDDD BUUUUDDDDDD!!!!!

Ours too, that's why I'm dissapointed we can't camp this year.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll leave tonight in the RV with my kids, get up and in line early Friday and stay until the dust and traffic clears Sunday. Looking forward to it.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I think I have created a monster. I am back from the Nationals. My extremely tired kid is in taking a bath to wash off all the Red Bud Crud.

The house is silent when suddenly I hear this shreek from the bathroom....

"REEEDDDD BBBBUUUUUUDDDDDD" :yikes:

He is beyond hope. :rotfl:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
lol

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
My son and I have been going since 2000. My daughter went for her first time this year, she's hooked. They both have a ton of pictures of their favorite riders and some interesting Red Bud people.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Fred T said:
and some interesting Red Bud people.

Yeah we met one of those this year. Usually we see them in passing, but nooo this guy had to come talk to us.

So we are sitting at our truck and this guy comes up. He asks if we rode on the night track (my bike was in the truck). I told him no, we were headed to Indiana. He's like so you didn't race last night. I told him no...he goes to the back of the truck where Phil is, asks THE SAME question :bang: Phil told him the same thing. Then he asks if there are trails at this track. Told him no, track only. Then he goes on and on about how much he loves trail riding, his KTM EXC is the best, etc, etc, etc...Then he says he does "hill climbs", I said oh so you go to the hill climb in Muskegon. He's like no, that sanctioned stuff is for sissies. I do natural terrain hill climbing...ok whatever. Then he goes on and on about how to do a hill climb.
To change the subject Phil was like, my ears are going to get burned (I forgot the sunblock). So the guy starts talking about why his hair is long around his ears and then how often he gets a haircut.
He was also one of those ones who can't talk to you w/out being in your "box". We ended up backing up all the around the truck. Finally, I was like Phil let's go find the group. So we locked the truck and took off. Probably doesn't sound that weird, but if you were there will us you would get it...

Ok, sorry had to share my story! :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom