Frank

Jul 31, 1999
This heat really has me down and already planning riding for when it cools off.

So the million dollar question is: Do any of you spodes want to try and hook up for a few days in Chadwick for some riding?

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
Im kind of new to the area. I live in the North okc area. Could you tell me where Chadwick is located at? I would like to hook up with some riders from around here.(riding alone can get kind of boring after a while)
Ive been riding mostly the canadian river and with a few (idiot)family members at lake elreno.(<-last resort from being extremely bored)!! The track isnt so bad, its all the quads rippin holes in the track with 360 spins(right in the middle of the track!!)
Thanks 4 your time! :ride:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'm a possible if you're off the BJEC/TSCEC dates.
TR42 is an excellent guide/host for the Lake Makenzie area by Amarillo. ('Course he may want someone else to do all the work and go to a different area...?)
Anyone been to the Crossbar ranch south of OKC? How is it for a multiple day place to ride?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
craig,

ive been to the crossbar ranch. there is lots are lots of acres but very little in the way of trail. what little there is more or less two track dirt roads. the kind of trail that would be great for dualsport bikes. ever been to turner falls? the terrain is like that. more rocks 90% than dirt10%. kind of like kiamichi but the major downside to crossbar is the lack of hardwood trees. there are millions of big cedars but they start 6 inches off the ground. pretty much very large bushes growing really close together. it is hard to cut trail as you cant beat rock in. you need signs and arrows but those require trees you can ride under. the place has potential but it is going to require lots of work in trail building. brad, the ranger, (in december)said he had talks with occra and others about holding races. by looking at the occra schedule, it never happened. we covered the rideable trails/roads in one afternoon. i really hope somebody with talent does the trail building because you could easily make 40 mile loops out there. did i mention that there are tire eating rocks?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
The Crosstimbers has moved from Draper Lake in OKC to the Crossbar, this fall.
I'll assume the trail marking are going to be ribbons.....
I'd like to cheat alittle and get a ride in there before the enduro.
Back to Chadwick, didn't mean to hijack this thread....
Frank, you have any specific dates in mind?

Frank

Jul 31, 1999
I was really thinking about october. I usually stay in a hotel in Ozark.

xxBlazexx, Chadwick is in Missouri. It is about halfway betwen Springfield and Branson. The trails are really cool, but my favorite part is the hills (or maybe my least favorite part).

I am really open to anything. Are the dates or location set for DW06? I would hate to interfere with it.....

Frank

Jul 31, 1999
oh yeah, xxBlazexx I would love to get together for a ride. Generally I prefer Draper (on the southeast side of OKC) for riding to anything else local.

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
Sounds good. I have been meaning to ride at Draper. I drove by it.(can't see much from the trail entrance) I hear they have some sic trails!!! :laugh:

Frank

Jul 31, 1999
You know, looking at the dates I may try to do it on adjacent days to the hardwood enduro since it is right there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom