anyone think the lead law is bad.......check

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
this out.

Flowers Bill Would Prohibit Youth Riding
Illinois House bill 3914, introduced by Rep. Mary Flowers (D-Chicago), would make it illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to operate and all-terrain vehicle or off-highway motorcycle. The proposed legislation would also make it illegal to transport a passenger on an ATV or OHM regardless of whether the vehicle is configured for a passenger. The bill would also require ATV and OHM riders to have valid driver's licenses and wear helmets.

This legislation was referred to the rules committee on February 26th.

To find your elected representatives, visit http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp, click on "Statewatch" and then enter your zip + 4 code.

The text of HB 3914 is available on the "Rights" page of http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com. Additional updates will be posted as they become available.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
that would be the bleeding liberals for you. hm that will wo wonders when all kids cant race. someone they know probably fell off and got a scrape and now they are all upset.

-mike.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
and they're our elected "representatives" :|
Disturbing and disgusting
REVOLUTION!!!

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
haha her name is Mary Flowers. lol. probably only funny this early in the morning after you've been up all night.
I think she needs to stop and smell the 2-stroke.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
Safety patrol strikes again; The ongoing pussification of our country continues.
When are people going to realize you cant foam pad every aspect of life.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well free style riders jump in to foam pits so maybe they are part of the problem.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Holy Crap!

Not only did they Ban <85cc bikes but now they going to try and ban riders under 16?
And no passengers for OHM? So All the people that use DS bikes are a street bike that carry a passenger are SOL?

Maybe someone will over throw the whole US government...
First they tell us what we HAVE to do.
Then they tell us what we can or can not do
next they will tell us where we can and can not work.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
I used to pick up my girlfriend before I got my license on a KX100. It was 18 miles one way down the abandon train tracks, lol. First time I picked her up I got a rear flat tire. Flat tire + rim lock bouncing sensation with a girl on the back = interesting situation, lol. We used to ride together on that bike almost everyday, in some positions you guys wouldn't even believe, lol.

Anyhow, I really really really miss riding in the 80's and some of the early 90's where everything went and no one cared about anything to do with riding. Everyone where riders around here, no one complained about noise, riding was as almost as common as driving a car around here. Life just seems beat anymore. Seems like you're breaking some law by taking a crap in your own toilet anymore. No real good places to ride anymore... bike prices are getting outragous... all these retarded laws make it that much worse... ugh.... I wanna go back in time when riding felt like freedom and not imprisonment! :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Silly question who put all the people in charge? Well all of you that answered "Not me I don't vote and am not involved." are the ones who help those that voted to put these idiots in power. If you can honestly say "I voted but not for those idiots." you are up on the vast majority of people even here on DRN. Just imagine if everyone who rides actually voted and got involved.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I voted, but not for those dilusional, "wiser than thou", control freaks.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
I soo wish I could vote :( when I am old enough I will make sure I do. "Voting gives you the right to complain" if you don't vote don't complain

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Hmmmm !!! Let's ban rock concerts because the loud music can make us def. While we're at it we'll ban bicycles because we can fall off and get road rash !!! C'MON PEOPLE !!! Lets get real for F-sakes !! I so wish I had rights in the US to speak out, but I can't because I'm Canadian. These laws sure sound like laws a comunist country would have. Last I checked all those Men and Women faught for fredom !!!

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
sharky243 said:
Last I checked all those Men and Women faught for fredom !!!

... and that is the shame of it all ,....

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007

I think most of the problem is caused by too much government. Where do I go to vote to reduce the amount of seats we fill? My choices are to vote for someone so they can have a job we really don't need them to have, or not vote and someone still gets it. Then these people feel useless because there's so many people in government that they come up with these bullshat laws so they can say they did something. And we wonder why our country is going to hell. :coocoo:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
This is as disgusting as the lead law or even more because MX is a direct target.

Even though I do not have standing as a citizen of Illinois I have fired off letters tonight- after all I do spend a significant amount of money in Illinois because of MX

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000

I agree,..we get to vote A or B,... why not vote them out of office,.. where's the 'delete' ballot ??

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
people in government are only important if they can scare you and then "help" you. they don't "earn money" they take money from the people who earn it. I talking about the elected people not the service part of governement. We need fireman and policeman etc.......we don't need this over burden of bull**** they have all the committees, task forces, etc.

if this doesn't wake up the people to vote next election and vote in some common sense in this country we are screwed. god help this governement if they decide to start taking peoples guns. daley was back on tv last week and a chit load of laws are coming in this state.

over 70,000 people have contacted tom self's website. he and his kids race so it's very cool they are and he is standing up for us. we are screwed in illinoise with all the chicago dpsht democrats in chicago.

I just hope people figure out this "obamanation" as for what it is and in 3.5 years kick his asz to the curb........... maybe this next 4years is exactly what the republicans need to get thier act together..............

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
Illinois folks lets call and let them know we are to be heard.

Thursday and Friday!!!

here is the link to the bill
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bil...B&SessionID=76&LegID=46740&SpecSess=&Session=

here is the link to the committee members.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/committees/members.asp?committeeID=587

I plan to call both offices of each one of there committee members tommorow. Please call them all and anyone you know that will call them. Don't forget to call your own state senator and representitive on this also.

we need to kill this bill NOW>!@!! no diluted version of this has any merit what so ever.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Is an email bomb inappropriate, just asking? The one link to flowers was kicked back, big surprise! Any word on how the attack in Missouri went? Did it make tv? Is Springfield doing something similar? Well, maybe the kids under 16 can grow pot, but not ride dirt?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
2strokesrock said:
I soo wish I could vote :( when I am old enough I will make sure I do. "Voting gives you the right to complain" if you don't vote don't complain

although somewhat true. I take George Carlin's side. Hell yes I can complain...I didn't vote these dillusional jerks IN!!! You voted...can't complain!hahaha All in good fun....don't take it seriously. I mean c'mon. Our government gives us nothing but creeps to pick from. So this is the best huh? yikes! all crooks

Johnny YZ

Mar 7, 2009
Kawi4life, You described my youth to a tee, I miss the 80's also. I always think oh well at least my kid gets to race every week, now that is being threatened. The only thing I can think is they want the drug dealers to make more sales. If the kids don't have anything to do thats what will happen.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008

LOL thats funny but......I still think everyone should vote evan if its just for the lesser of two evils

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…