Anyone tried AC-X1 hjc helmet

Dogboy

Jul 20, 2001
Wanting to get a new helmet to replace my miserable THH cheapo
Problem is i can only afford a mid priced lid.
Was looking at the new HJC AC-X1 and it feels real lite and looks good.Anyone used one or have input on a similar priced helmet,around 200.00.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I got one of these last week. In my opinion its the best helmet for the money out there. very light, removable liner, good venting.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I got a HJC ACX! this spring just love it... venting works fine, fit it great particularily after i bought the thinner cheek pads - stock ones where way to snug for my chubby face - thinner ones are available and help a lot! way light to.

good deal on a helmet in my opinion

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I love mine also. Best helmet I have worn and I am a true believer in the HJC helmet line. As you have probably already read, Cobrakid was wearing a HJC CLX-2 and it held up to a major blow when he crashed. Even though Chris received head trama, the helmet saved his life.

I got my AC-X1 for $185.00 mail order.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
I bought one not long ago. it is real light and is not very expensive. It is a little tite around the cheeks, but really good other than that. Where did you get the thinner cheek pads Mike? I only got one ride in it though between a broken back and leaving for college.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The HJC is a great helmet. Mine is a perfect fit, and the liner is well made. The cheek pads do pack down a little after a few cleanings, so they won't feel too tight after awhile.

Dogboy

Jul 20, 2001
Thanks for the feedback.I found this helmet for 175.00 + shipping of course at hjcmotorcyclehelmets.com, its the best price ive seen they also have parts,cheek pads,liners etc.They also offer white for 150.00 i think it is,not as cool looks wise but temperature wise on a hot sunny day it can really make a difference over a darker colored lid,im really thinking about going white.Hard choice they have a good lookin grapics scheme.

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
I've had this helmet for quite a while now and I love it. I think this is one of the best helmets on the market, especially for the price. It looks good, has good venting, is very light, and fits me very well; very comfortable. The quality of the liner is also very good. It's hard to beat this helmet for what you get for the price. You also see a lot of the pros wearing this helmet.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I too have one and like it. Mine is obnoxious safety orange. Great everything--liner, visor, venting, light weight, pads.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I figure, that way they can find me when I crash and tumble through the brush!

I do like it though. It's distinctive.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
Looks like we all agree that this is a good helmet for the money, now what about boots? Im looking for some boots that are good and cheap any ideas?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…