fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Just talked to Bill Stineback. He had an event on Friday night, Arbor Day Enduro on Saturday and took pictures at the Tree Planting on Sunday. He hopes to have the pictures on the website by Thursday night. Taking pictures is a hobby for all three of these guys and they have full time jobs too. Please be patient.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Did anybody meet Annabelle Barnes (#330) or her dad George at this event?

Here is the story. George read about our Family Enduro Series in a national magazine coverage on the Baby Buzzard from last year. He decided that he and Annabelle should ride one of these events. They live in West Palm Beach, FLORIDA!!!
But wait...it gets better....his motorcycle was in New Jersey. So George drives from Florida to New Jersey to pick up the bike. He stops in Pennsylvania to practice riding buddy with Annabelle. He calls Smitdog for directions. Smitdog warned me to look out for a guy from NJ, but they put FL on the entry and I assumed it was a mistake.
Stineback has pictures of them riding an XT Yamaha on row 30 and George sent me one of Annabelle with her trophy.
We should have had an award for the furthest distance traveled for Annabelle.
I called George yesteday. He was still very excited about the event. To quote: "One of the best experiences of his life". He asked about the Baby Buzzard. My response was, if you plan to attend the Baby Buzzard, I will pay the entry fee and provide a motorcycle for them to ride. It has to be cheaper to fly than make that drive again. I would not be surprised to see Annabelle in June at Harrison.
VERY cool true story!!!

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Mike, Lulu told me that maybe you should start naming some of the obstacles. She thought it was kind of cool. Like calling that first hill PEEWEE's nightmare.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Bruno, it may make for better stories, but I would not want to get carried away.
Maybe we will do something at the Pine Cone.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike, that is AWSOME!
You deserve a BIG pat on the back for promoting the series the way you do!
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just looked at all of the pictures from the event. I know Bill Stineback has more of the tree planting and some from staging area (he was trying to capture the family atmosphere of the event).
I had to laugh at the number of adults who nearly crashed trying to show off for the camera. I think the guy in image 285 from the woods section MAY have saved it.

Thanks Don. I have more ideas and a successful Arbor Day event will allow more progress.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
I had to laugh at the number of adults who nearly crashed trying to show off for the camera. I think the guy in image 285 from the woods section MAY have saved it.

Hmmmm........... IS that guy on image 285 D. Leathers??????

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
There are family enduros in other states, but in the south they are run like a hare scramble - no timekeeping. They set the speed average so high that no one can be early. It ends up being more wheel to wheel competition - not a true enduro.

Top Bottom