Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Here's a list of upgrades i plan on buying by the begn. of this week. Im just wondering are the one's i selected are worth it or should i spend my money on other ones?

I have fmf pipes aleady and my suspension done.

Here;s the list

1. PRO TAPER CONTOUR HANDLEBARS - CR HIGH = 69.95
2. PRO TAPER OVERSIZE BAR MOUNTS = 49.95
3. RENTHAL DUAL COMPOUND GRIPS - half waffle/red = 14.95
4. ASV F3 BRAKE LEVER - red - 64.95
5. ASV F3 CLUTCH LEVER - red = 64.95
6. Renthal chain and sprocket kit = 13 tooth front sprocket, 48 tooth back (red or silver ), did x-ring chain 120 links = 169.95
7. WISECO PRO-LITE PISTON KIT standard size = 129.95
8. DUNLOP D739F REAR TIRE 110/90-19 - 69.95
9. MOTOMASTER STANDARD REAR PADS - 31.95
10. FACTORY EFFEX ALL-GRIP SEAT = 44.95
11. FACTORY EFFEX FACTORY NUMBERS get a pack of " 2 " " 1 " " 7 " and ask him what inch would make 3 number's fit per face plate/panel = 17.85

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'd spend that money.

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Alright thanks, by chance do you know the stock teeth of the sprockets for a cr250?

Is it 13t front and 48 back?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'd buy some new power bands too.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Dewster

Feb 4, 2002
CaptainObvious said:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Now that's funny. I LMAO!

There's a girl that works in our business office who, I assume, has seen my bike in the back of my truck a time or two. One day she stops me in the hallway to tell me that her boyfriend just purchased a new fourwheeler. She continued to tell me how fast it is. She said the reason it was so fast is because it came with a powerband. :think:

I just nodded and congratulated her on their new purchase. :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
CaptainObvious said:

I have three in the garage that I have been meaning to sell. How do I tell what they are worth?

I also have a really clean set of high compression valve covers and a chopped and channeled dip stick for a Chevy smallblock.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
A powerband is actually the description of the way the bike makes power. It's a running joke for guys to bug newbies about replacing the 'powerband' like it's an actual part.

As for the list of parts, it looks good. I just bought Pro-Taper Taperwall handlebars (Hawkins Woods High) and am impressed. I crashed really hard (bent the bar mount bolt) but the bars stayed to straight. Pro-Tapers are the best bars in the business, in my opinion.

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Do you guy's think those lever's are worth it? I break alot of levers and those aren't suppose to break, and if they do it's a three year warranty on them anyways.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
For $700+ you could get your suspension re-valved and serviced, and be way better off. Or just get the forks revalved and put on a steering damper.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
AnTs said:
what the hell is a new power band? i didn't know you could replace it? or am i just stupid lol..

link?
just google search "powerbands" and you'll find some.

here's a pic:
giftoyhome_1896_6509370

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I would stay away from Wiseco pistons, but that is just me.

I don't really race or have any experience with dirt bikes, it is just something I read in a magazine.

trevor9a

Oct 25, 2005
I bought the x-ring chain with the Renthal sprockets. I question whether or not the x-ring is worth it with the aluminum sprocket. I understand that if the chain degrades quickly the sprockets will wear faster but is the price difference between x-ring and o-ring make a significant improvement in sprocket life to justify it?

CR2FIFTYR

May 18, 2006
You cant get a new powerband.lol Anyways that might be what they say but I have a new pink shot peened and triple thrusted one with the titanium gussets for only $129.95.It increases your rev limit to the rev limit of a fighter plane which is 119,482,980,000 rpms.

Sorry couldent help myself either.:)

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Oh well my friends have used the piston kits, and everything has been fine with them so im going to try one.

I switched my choice to the ironman sprocket kit, i heard they are suppose to be really good, + their steel and are gurantted to last 1 year or a refund.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
XRpredator said:
just google search "powerbands" and you'll find some.

here's a pic:
giftoyhome_1896_6509370

Second row, fourth spot ...

pink is nice

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom