Are you really that stupid?

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I saw a episode of Jay Lenno's show last night. He had a quiz with 3 youth around 19-22 or something. I was quite suprised how little they knew about their own country and it was quite amusing. I thought they made it up but according to Jay it wasnt. That kind of makes me think. I have heard from people living and studying in USA that americans arnt very smart. But i cant believe it was this bad. I could more answers then they together and im not much older than them and not very well-educated and not even from the same country, it was mostly questions about america or americans.

Who won the civil war in america? Quess what they answer. America. Also they didnt know who Al gore was. If you seen that episode, are people and youth in particular that unedicated in america? Be honest.

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Unfortunately, there are a lot of uneducated people in America, no doubt about it. My wife is a high school science teacher and I am amazed everyday at her stories concerning what some kids don't know.

With that said, I think it is fair to say that there are also some VERY smart people in our country, both young and old. Just because Jay Leno had a handful of idiots on his show doesn't mean that everyone in the USA is a moron. I also think it is fair to say that there are dumb people in EVERY country.

If you try to prevent your perception of our country from being swayed by a few ignorant teenagers, we'll try and prevent our perception of Europeans from being swayed by a few anti-American nuts!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm beginning to believe ol' Pyro is a troll.

bpositive

Jul 11, 2005
Well Pyro ,
before you knock other peoples intelegence.. take a look at your own.. go back and read what you wrote , correct the grammar and spelling , then post it.

Sincerly,
1 Dumbass American

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Okiewan said:
I'm beginning to believe ol' Pyro is a troll.

If he lives under a bridge, hates goats, has furry hooves and tries w/ all his might to stir the poo'...sounds like a troll to me.

Thing is, I have been corresponding w/ folks living/studying abroad in Uppsala, Sweden and darned if they aren't dimmer than a 15W bulb in that little berg. Something about spending too much time consuming nifty little packs of prefab hot chocolate whilst gobbling up meatballs (after all in Sweden they are just plain ol' meatballs).

Uncanny huh? :coocoo:

billtx

~SPONSOR~
Dec 22, 2002
Pyro, we have a saying here: If you have nothing good to say don't say anything.

Your last 3 threads you started here are clearly anti-American. We accept that you do not like us, so you no longer have to post.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
pyromaniac said:
I saw a episode of Jay Lenno's show last night.

You gullible Euro's...the Leno Show has been cancelled for quite some time now, actually Gore was still in office when Leno quit. Gosh, I didn't realize we were still pulling that prank on you folks across the pond.

We keep all of the kick-ass programming and send you guys the crap re-runs (like Leno and Joni Loves Chachi...what you thought that was current too?)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Jay Leno would walk the streets interviewing young people, not necessarily Americans, and air the stupid ones so thet we can laugh at them. A few of them were dumb enough to be invited to the show. One got to be a correspondant for a while. All of this for our amusement. Be thankful that you were given the opportunity to view this program. I have seen some of the stuff that europeans find amusing. David Hasselhoff hasn't entertained a single American since Knight Rider was cancelled and I have seen frogs with more musical ability.
Oh, America did win our Civil War. Think about it for a minute.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
pyromaniac said:
I could more answers then they together and im not much older than them and not very well-educated and not even from the same country, it was mostly questions about america or americans.

Jay Leno's show is meant to be funny, it's scripted, and rehearsed... With that said how much smarter are you with ridicules sentence structure such as yours which I've quoted... What's your excuse?

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
As far as punkuashun is concerned - give Pyro a break, english isn't his first language and you can look around on this site and see similar if not worse mangling of english.

As far as anti-american sentiment goes I feel he is a victim of the press and TV, and we know how fair and unbiased they are, right?

Come on over here and meet a few us and let us entertain you Pyro - maybe you'll come out with a more balanced view than the crap you're fed by the media.

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
i agree with KiwiBird

Just ask yourself the question "What is a 'good' tv show supposed to do?"

Provoke emotions!

The people who prove to be uninformed of their own country will boost any typical viewers self confidence, knowing the facts the interviewed does not.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
KiwiBird said:
give Pyro a break, english isn't his first language

IDIOT.jpg

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
KiwiBird said:
As far as anti-american sentiment goes I feel he is a victim of the press and TV, and we know how fair and unbiased they are, right?

Good point. If I had to guess, 99% of all foreign press is negative in their opinion of America and 90% of all press here is as well.

KiwiBird said:
Come on over here and meet a few us and let us entertain you Pyro - maybe you'll come out with a more balanced view than the crap you're fed by the media.

Ditto, pack you bags and come on holiday sometime. We have members scattered from the Atlantic to the Pacific and I am willing to bet you will have a different opinion of America long before you leave.

The dumbasses that you see on TV originating here are specifically picked by program producers and writers to support a specific goal or purpose. You may not realize it, but 99.9% of the folks in Hollywierd are liberal to the extreme. Many of them are chicken s*** as well, because they are far more likely to open their pie holes when they are outside America than they are within America. For some stupid reason they think they can kick us and we will not find out. Why are they afraid of us? They are afraid because although many of us are nothing more than myrmidons, listlessly swallowing the pablum offered; some are waking up, and we keep them in their lavish lifestyles.

More and more of us are beginning to question the status quo and that will be a very large force for change in the future. Be part of that force, read every scrap of information you can find. Challenge convention groupthink and make up your own mind.

Do you have to agree with us? In a word, no, but at least have some intellectual grounding for you opinions. Don't toss out the crap you hear on television or read in the local leftist rag here. We will simply chew you up and spit you back out.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my ex-wife once asked me if we won world war II-she was valedictorian of her class.

i guess she wasn't particularly smart about her choice of husbands either. :ohmy:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
pyromaniac said:
Also they didnt know who Al gore was. QUOTE]

Al who??? :ohmy: ;) :rotfl: :rotfl:

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
Tony I reckon your guess of 99% foreign press anti US is pretty wide of the mark, although I cannot comment on your domestic guess. There are a lot more pro US people than you think, but of course reporting that would not sell much news in the US. We all know that good news doesn't sell, but I guess thats just a part of human nature.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I knew i would get this kind of answers and that you would try to defent yourself by trying to make me look like stupid. Ofcourse you pointed out my bad grammar but as another smarter of you pointed out its not my first language. How good are your grammar in your second language? If you even have one.

Funny someone said that this was my third "anti-american" thread. Makes me wonder what kind of picture you have of me. Im not quite sure exacly what you mean by anti-american but i can say for sure that i dont have anything against americans as people. I may however not like everything you do, just like i dont like what all people in my own country does. For example no i dont like that you have alot of guns, i wouldnt want to adapt that culture in my country. I may like to point on your bad sides as many other non-americans seems to do. I think it has to do with the image usa have as being the best. Well i can say im not anti-american as in i want you all dead like mr laden. I actually want to see usa and live there and see what its all about.

Im quite concern about what Tony Eeds said. "Good point. If I had to guess, 99% of all foreign press is negative in their opinion of America and 90% of all press here is as well." If you think not only the press is like that then i understand why you attack anyone saying anything negative about usa. I can say that its not like that at all. In my oppinion our media is alot less controlled and much more fair than the media in usa.

CR Swade: who do you think are smarter in general, swedes or americans? Not that an american would ever admit being worse than anyone else.

This was a simple question. From the answers i got i sum it up. Americans in general asnt as stupid as those on the show(i didnt think so) but there are alot of uneducated people.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I question the intelligence of Swedes . . . they sold Husqvarna to Italians, for cripes sake! :debil:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
pyromaniac said:
I knew i would get this kind of answers and that you would try to defent yourself by trying to make me look like stupid. Ofcourse you pointed out my bad grammar but as another smarter of you pointed out its not my first language. How good are your grammar in your second language? If you even have one.

Since English is the international language of business, I have no need to learn a second language as the world is busy learning mine. In fact, I have friends who work in Japan, teaching proper English syntax to Japanese children who are busy learning English so they can do business with America.

Works for me.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
Pyro

No we aren't all that stupid like they show on Jay Leno. We are however a huge and diverse country and with that comes problems. Some people get so wrapped up in their own teeny tiny worlds on what they think is important that they will miss what is going on around them. Most of us can add and subtract and occasionally when hard pressed, divide. I will give you props on your written English skills because it is better than alot of people I see posting. Se que yo no podia escribir a maquina esto bien en espanol. El espanol es mi segunda lengua. I think most people know what to do but are to lazy to do it. As far as your question who is smarter in general Americans or Swedes, that seems to just be asking for more nastiness, let it go. Most people in America are good, grounded folks with good morales and values that get up every day and goto work. On Sundays alot of us go to church. Most of us still say please and thank you, and hold doors for our senior citizens. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Top Bottom