2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Last year, while riding, my whole arm seemed to lose strength and go numb. (mostly my right arm) and it would get to the point where Id drop the bike if I kept at it. I have been working out a bit since then and today was the first time I really rode in almost a year. Now, its a matter of my right hand. It sort of locked up, so it was like I couldnt easily open my fingers up, and also the grip strength was gone. (The rest of the arm was ok)

What is a good routine for this? I dont need strength, but endurance. My grip strength was tested in a fitness class I took at the college, and it was way up on the scale. I am otherwise very strong, built like a linebacker, but I have the same problem overall, that is certain specific muscles get too sore long before I get to the limits of my cardio vascular endurance.

So, how can I build endurance in my fore arms,and hand? Ive heard those old grippy squeezers can acutally do more harm than good....

IT was very frustrating today. I had my first vintage race, and I would hae done so much better if not for the hand thing. (I can ride my ass off for about 4 minutes before it kills me. Then I have to chug along.)

Any ideas?

THanks,
Neil

oh yeah Im 31 yrs old, been riding the last 20 years off and on mostly just trails, but I want to get into the vintage thing for real now, and Ive got to get this fixed!

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
yeah...last time was out on this bike, it had some old stlyebars on it,witha really odd bend. Ive got some pro tapers on it now, and I think that made it better,... at least my whole arm wasnt dead this time. I thought about the grips, in fact it still has the old original grip on the throttle side,(the side that hurts) from 1972, its like a molded piece on the throttle...a little thicker than normal...I should scrape it off and just put a normal grip on...good idea!

as far as relaxing, that could be some of it. I will say this, on my 93 KX, this isnt NEARLY as bad a problem, but throwing this big heavy old F9 around is alot more demanding!!!

Top Bottom