armour

I'm looking into some armour (as seen in RM ATV?MC catalog). I thinks I'll pick up the Works Connection frame guards, shid plate and caliper guard. You guys have any experience with these parts? Thanks.

I have the works radiator braces and Utah sport cycle skid plate, both from rocky mountain. I think the skid plate is a must if you ride in the rocks.

Originally posted by davidg
I have the works radiator braces and Utah sport cycle skid plate, both from rocky mountain. I think the skid plate is a must if you ride in the rocks.
do you have a pic of the Utah Sport Cycle skid that you can post ? i have been wanting to see one installed on a KDX . thanks

Sorry, I'm still in the dark ages with things like a digital camera. It's not angeled up on the sides like the picture in the R/M catalog. It's just one piece and goes out straight on the sides. It covers all the way out to the wings on the frame. I've beat on it pretty hard the last year and half, it's held up really well.

wanaride

Subscriber
FWIW, I've got the WC rad braces and skid plate (the "heavy duty" one that was on clearance for $65). The rad braces were a cinch to install. The skid plate was something of a pain in the a** but still doable. Both seem very durable and I'm glad I got them.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
Another item to consider is the Fredette Racing products chain guide.  The stocker is weak and is easily bent or broken by ruts or big rocks. 

I love the sound of rocks pinging off my White Bros skid. Just lets me know it's doing it's job.