stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Well, I'm impressed.

I got my braces, adjusted them correctly, and had a heck of a time with the lower part grinding into my shin.

I got some advice here, and then called the Asterisk folks. Ended up talking to Brad. We talked about my situation, and my leg dimensions. We talked on 3-4 different occaiasions and about a few different ideas on how to obtain the best possible fit. It was concluded that I needed a looser lower cuff and a different wire in the brace to shape it differently.

I sent them in, they did the work at no charge and sent them back. They fit like a glove, and I am one HAPPY CAMPER! :)

I've seen posts on here before that talk about Asterisks commitment to the product and the riders, and how hard they try. True stuff, end of story.

My son, (also still not having a knee injury), will be getting a set as well. Guess how I decided on another set of Asterisk braces ;)

(Like a dufus, I went out riding on Saturday, my braces showed back up here again on Monday. Guess who hurt his knee because he didn't want to wait until Monday to ride... :( Stupid slippery mud...) heheh

I'm not riding anymore without them. No braces, no ride. I'm to young to develop a permanent limp. I've taken two pretty good knee shots in the last year, both had me limping for weeks (wasn't wearing ANY knee protection). Both finally and completely healed on their own, and this new one is healing faster than the first two, so I think I got lucky *WHEW*. I think my luck has been good, and I don't want to push it any further. :D

Thanks Guys,
Bob Stormer

Last edited:

lightsts

Jul 8, 2002
I won't get on the bike with out mine. Stupid hurts, I've had some of my worse injuries within 100 yards of the workshop. You know, the test hop in shorts and tennis shoes....

Top Bottom