towlie

Jun 5, 2005
Hey ya'll. I've read a lot of posts on ATF as a substitute tranny oil for my 02 cr125 and was just about to switch today. Just before I put it in, the ATF seemed a lot less dense than the Bel-Ray gear saver I normally use. The ATF is Casrtol type-F in a black bottle. I believe the gear saver is 60 weight, anyone know the weight of the ATF? Anyhow I guess I'm just reaching out for some positive affirmation here and I can't wait to take the plunge after Okie and\or other ATF advocates assure me it'll be OK. :bang:

Thanks in advance ya'll.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
ATF type F is all I use as well, not sure on the wieght thing but put it in, you'll be fine

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
It's all good..it's all I have ever put in my bike and I bought it new in '01. it's also much cheaper so you can afford to change it more frequently. I just checked on my bottle of Castrol Type-F and did not find the weight on it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The big thing with ATF is to change it frequently. We always change oil every ride so we run it but if I was one of those guys who only changed my oil once a month I'd likely pass.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We ride about 1-2x a week and change it about every other month. should probably do it sooner, but hasn't caused a problem yet. We don't run the cheapest ATF, usually Castrol or Valvoline Type F

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
Good deal ya'll, mabye now I can afford a helmet(kidding). Thanks for the reassurance. I'll be changing it tomorrow and hopefully the weather holds out for a track day. We have finally had sub-90 temps, I love fall.

Top Bottom