shinyboat

Mar 14, 2005
I am looking at a dual sported '02 ATK 605 for $3000 and it looks really clean. Being that ATKs aren't that popular, does anyone have trouble finding parts or parts being expensive? How well are these bikes made? Longevity? Is there any reason to be weary of this bike/brand?

I ride mostly trail and am 6'4" so I think I will be able to throw it around. Is the 605 too big for trails? I know an xr600 is a little to bulky.

ZeCatfish

Mar 25, 2005
The 605 is a Rotax 4 valve 4 stroke, they're tough as nails and you can't go wrong with it, ask when its last had a timing belt changed.
Theres mods for it from mild to wild, upto 90 HP in a full race model. The engine is poular in flat tracking, the bikes are easy to get parts for, can call the factory and get anything you want.
Their website is atkusa .
Good luck with it if you buy it.
Terry

ETS

Apr 13, 2000
I've had three of the two stroke atk's and they were all a hodgepodge of cool parts that didn't make a great package. Kinda crude and none of mine were axactly reliable but I've heard the rotax 4strokes are great motors. I never had trouble with getting parts directly from the factory or american dirtbike. They just don't have the fit and finish with the routing of cables and such. Seems like I always had a cable with the coating getting worn off from rubbing here or there. Most of the stuff is easy fixing but I don't think you should have to. It's like the factory relies on owners to update them. I had a couple cracks in the frames on the two newer bikes but they are a decent bike that I wouldn't touch for 3k. Pick up a 520 or 525 for that much and have twice the bike.

Top Bottom